Baby Names

Is "Amelia" over done?

I really like this one, but don't want anything toooo popular.

Thx! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is "Amelia" over done?

• I love it, but I feel like it's getting up there with the Avas and Olivias.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm looking for something fresh, you know?  It's funny that Anthony and Isabella are the 2 my husband named.  LOL!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it is gaining in popularity.  Friends of mine gave their second daughter the mn Amalie, and I like it because it is different without being you-neek.  Have you thought about something like that?
  • It's pretty popular and seems to be gaining more popularity.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It's popular, but not overly so.  I really like the name!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I haven't met any Amelias IRL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know 4 under 18 months, so I say YES.
  • I think it's on the upswing.It's personally nms,but I don't think it's bad.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• It is VERY popular where I am... wouldn't use it for this reason personally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were team green and this was on our list for a girl, but DH and I were concerned with how popular it was and moved it to the bottom of that list.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's one of our front-runners for a second girl. FWIW, her nickname would be Mia which is considerably more popular than Amelia itself (at least according to SSA - I've never met someone with either name).

We also have Amelie and Emilia on our list, and I've seen Amalia as an alternative, too.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • I don't know any IRL. If you're worried about popularity, consider Emelia. Same name, but it is in old Italian/Latin spelling. That is DD's name and I think its beautiful! We have received many compliments on it. It is also a Christian name and has a Catholic saint- if you're Catholic, which we are. Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemkd00:
    I don't know any IRL. If you're worried about popularity, consider Emelia. Same name, but it is in old Italian/Latin spelling. That is DD's name and I think its beautiful! We have received many compliments on it. It is also a Christian name and has a Catholic saint- if you're Catholic, which we are. Yes

I actually really like it spelled that way.  And we're Catholic too...can't you tell by the growing herd of children?  LOL!

I've also seen Emilia.  I love the nn Millie.  :) 

• No, I don't think it's overdone. I think it goes well with the sibset
  • imagemgra328:

imagemkd00:
    I don't know any IRL. If you're worried about popularity, consider Emelia. Same name, but it is in old Italian/Latin spelling. That is DD's name and I think its beautiful! We have received many compliments on it. It is also a Christian name and has a Catholic saint- if you're Catholic, which we are. Yes

I actually really like it spelled that way.  And we're Catholic too...can't you tell by the growing herd of children?  LOL!

I've also seen Emilia.  I love the nn Millie.  :) 

Haha! Yay! Feast day is May 23rd. We call our LO Millie or just Emelia. Sometimes we call her Mia or Emmie, too. Many nn possibilities!! Because the name has many forms/spellings, it means many things including: Hardworking, excelling, and the form "Emelia" means "soft spirited". Big Smile There are also saints Emmelia, Emilia, and Amelia. Great name!!

• Also, many ppl think its a bastard form of Amelia, but actually its an ancient Latin name that Italians later adopted- not to be confused with the also Italian Emilia.

It was also very popular in North America in the late1800s.

• Its a nice name but I think its kind of popular
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"