Military Families
Options

Airline Tickets

Hi ladies,

DH and I want to travel home for Christmas. He is set to deploy within the next few months. They have mentioned that they are going to give him predeployment leave around christmas time but havent given anyone exact dates. So we cant book the flights in advance, making the tickets very expensive.

If he is able to get predeployment leave... is there ANY places you ladies know of where military members can get cheap/discounted airline tickets?

Thank you so much in advance! :)

image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Airline Tickets

• Options
    IDK where you are going, but I know Alaska Airlines has a "Military Rate" that they give, I think it's a flat rate, so if thats an option I would look into it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageRACox:
    IDK where you are going, but I know Alaska Airlines has a "Military Rate" that they give, I think it's a flat rate, so if thats an option I would look into it!

We would be flying from CA to MI. Sorry I didnt include that!

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Delta has military discounts, but you have to order over the phone with them. Also, if you have any sort of time frame, even if subject to change, you can order (over the phone, with the military desk) and they will be flexible to change if his dates change. You would have to pay the price difference if there is one.

I would call Delta and double check to make sure the flexible dates thing is true, but I'm almost positive.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejulesdac65:

I think Delta has military discounts, but you have to order over the phone with them. Also, if you have any sort of time frame, even if subject to change, you can order (over the phone, with the military desk) and they will be flexible to change if his dates change. You would have to pay the price difference if there is one.

I would call Delta and double check to make sure the flexible dates thing is true, but I'm almost positive.

Delta was great with me when my husband was deployed.  Like PP said, they have a military desk that you need to get in touch with, just ask for the military rep on the phone.  I used them to fly back to the States when my husband was deployed and they were by far the cheapest and very helpful.  I bought my tickets the day before the flight with no problem, but it wasn't near Christmas.  I definitely recommend them.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I also forgot to say, they didn't charge anything for checked bagage for me since I was getting a military rate.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Southwest offers a great military discount off their anytime fares, I've done that for last minute tickets before. You'd have to check if they fly between your cities, though. good luck!
    After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

American Airlines. DH and I just flew this week for a funeral- we booked the tickets 24 hours prior to the flight. Instead of paying $800, which was the price on Kayak, we paid $339. Make sure you ask for the military rate, not the government rate. Also, AA lets military and military dependents check 3 bags for free when traveling not on orders (5 when traveling on orders).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"