Birth Stories
Options

Frank Jr. is here!! 2 Weeks Early and FAST!!

My water broke at 1:12 p.m. 9/11/11, it was the weirdest feeling ever..a release of pressure and then TONS of liquid gushing out of me. We got DD situated with the neighbor who was watching her (she didn't even care that I was leaving) and left for the hospital. 

At the hospital they hooked me up and checked to make sure that I had actually broken my waters (I had lol). I was still only 3cm and 70% effaced (same as Wednesday's appt.), so we started walking around the halls. After several tries of walking to start contractions and nothing really happening, I agreed to start the Pit. I quickly started to have painful contractions, but it was still tolerable. That was around 7ish in the evening. By 10 p.m. the pain was quickly approaching unbearable, so I asked for the Fentanol. It didn't work except to make me loopy for a good 10 mins, so I asked and signed for an epidural. I got the Epi at 11 p.m. and it worked incredibly well, I could move my toes and legs just fine but no pain whatsoever. I got checked again and I was barely 4cm.

I slept a bit on and off and then around 12:45 a.m. I started feeling lots of pressure on my bottom. Just as I was starting to call my nurse to come in and check me, she came in because of something on the monitor, and sure enough I was fully dialted (from barely 4 to 10 and ready to go in under 2 hours!!). She started getting me ready and when she asked me to push my bottom off the bed he started crowning all by himself!! Everyone told me to not push, the doctor wasn't there and neither was my mom. I tried not to, but the doctor got there just in time to deliver him and my mom missed it just barely.

He was born at 1:28 a.m. @ 6lbs 15oz 22in. with Apgars of 9 and 9 and starting BFing like a champ.

And now some pictures!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frank Jr. is here!! 2 Weeks Early and FAST!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"