Infertility Veterans

Lupron headaches - how did you cope

I have had a god awful, unrelenting headache starting almost an our after my first lupron injection.  I am well hydrated and make sure to sip water throughout the day, so that's not the issue.  All I want to do is go home, go into a dark room, cover my forehead with a damp cloth and shut out the world.

Unfortunately I could not get an appt with the acupuncturist for tomorrow, my day off.  I am going to call a masseuse I have used in the past to see if she can help me.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to cope for the next few weeks if my headaches do not go away.

Any and all suggestions welcome.  TIA.

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Lupron headaches - how did you cope

• Uggh!  So sorry you are dealing with the Lupron headaches.  I was lucky enough the first time arund not have them so I have no suggestions.  I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • My first IVF, I also got really bad, want to stay in bed all day with someone massaging my temples and keep a pillow over my head headaches while on lupron as well. I feel your pain Crying

Are you doing the injections in your stomach? My second IVF I found that when I injected the lupron into my thighs, I did not get any headaches at all. It may have not been related but I feel like it was. Try doing them in your upper outer thighs. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrsgcal:

My first IVF, I also got really bad, want to stay in bed all day with someone massaging my temples and keep a pillow over my head headaches while on lupron as well. I feel your pain Crying

Are you doing the injections in your stomach? My second IVF I found that when I injected the lupron into my thighs, I did not get any headaches at all. It may have not been related but I feel like it was. Try doing them in your upper outer thighs. Good luck!

Yes, my injections are in the stomach.  I will try doing them in the thigh tonight and see if that makes a difference.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I am willing to try anything because it's hard to keep my eyes on the prize at the end when feeling like such $hit.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • it sucks!!

tylenol and warm compresses

and last resort a little caffeine.

my RE said if necessary i could take my migraine meds but only before stims

((HUGS))

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Lupron is the worst!  I also had terrible headaches.  I pretty much just took Tylenol, but it didn't help too much.  It also put me in a fog - felt like I was underwater.

I also want to wish you good luck with your cycle.  I really hope this it for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So that's what is making me feel like this!  I feel like my eyes are foggy and I just could lie right down wherever I'm standing and fall asleep.  I just thought it was the whole process of IVF.  You girls are fabulous....I'm definitely going to keep reading, this is helping a ton already. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hope it is ok that I post here.

I had severe headaches from Lupron and nothing I did helped, until I went to acupuncture. I told him what the issue was and he did his magic and the headaches went away and never came back.

Good luck.

TTC since 10/06 - Went to RE after 6 months of TTC due to AMA -Diagnosed with MIF 5/07, only option IVF with ICSI - IVF #1 cancelled due to cyst, never got to ER - IVF #1.5 10/07, BFP - Robert Andrew born 7/30/08 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"