Tennessee Babies

New to TN

Hi. It doesn't seem this board gets a lot of traffic but I thought I would post a quick intro.  I'm Heather, 32, and my family just moved to Murfreesboro from Fort Worth, TX.  We have a 9 month old son, James.  My husband's company is in Murfreesboro but will be moving to Brentwood in early 2012. We are renting a home in the Boro and will buy closer to the Brentwood area next year.  I work for a large company and I'm working from home now that I don't live near a corporate office. It is a huge adjustment!

I'm looking forward to getting to know the area. Any suggestions on things to do with a 9 month old? We went to the Discovery Center last weekend and had a great time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: New to TN

• Sorry I'm not from the Murfreesboro area so I can't help in that aspect.  However, I would like to welcome you to TN!  Smile  If you are ever in Chattanooga, the Creative Discovery Museum and the Aquarium are great places for the LOs!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome :) I hope you like TN... I lived in Murf. for 4 years and just moved to Smyrna--it's a bit calmer, less trafficy... (you've dealt with the terrible traffic, right?). Recommendation: On Saturdays/Sundays don't even think about going to Old Fort Prkway :)

As for recommendations for 9 month olds... I don't have many tips. However, there are some beautiful, history-rich parks in the area with nice playgrounds that would be fun. There's a lot of shopping for mommy--but not as much for baby.

Good luck and welcome :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I live in Murfreesboro as well. I moved down from Michigan 5 years ago. It's a very busy town. My little girl (Bailey Ann) is almost 4 months old so we're pretty much in the house for the most part. However you might want to check out the Greenway. It's nice to walk and there's plenty of parks and also a dog park along the end of it. It starts at Cannonsburgh Village (it's on front st, behind the Sticks and Stuff). It's about bike riding is also nice there. Also, we took a day trip out by Eagleville/Rockvale to Lucky Ladd Farms. They have a petting zoo and lots of fun things for the kiddos to do. Not sure if your little one is ready for that, but it's nice just to get out and relax. We'll be going back once she grows some next year. There's a magazine called Rutherford Parent and it lists a bunch of events for families. You can usually find it at Publix.  Once you get out to Brentwood and the Franklin area there's plenty to do. We're looking to move out into that direction hopefully before our daughter starts school. 

I'm not a frequent poster or anything but it's nice to see how the other moms are coping with some hurdles we also come across. Welcome to the area!  Hope you enjoy your new home and family!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"