Maine Babies

4 month appt

bubba had his 4mo check-up yesterday.  how in the world is my baby already 4 months old?!?!?!

anyway..........

14lbs13.6oz (44%)
24.5in (30%)
head - 16.3in (24%)

two months ago he was in 10 - 25% for everything so he is definitely growing!!!

we are off the reflux meds (!!!!!) for a few weeks to see how that goes.  starting rice cereal, 1Tbsp a day, to see how he does.  veggies next month.   this could also help with the refluxing.  still on nutramigen.  we'll "talk" at 6mos but be prepared to stay on for the duration!

neck (torticollis) is doing much better.  exercises are working.  keep doing them.  got a few new ones to try now that he is getting stronger

he is not rolling and shows no interest at all.  pedi says no worries for 2 more months.  he will roll when the mood strikes him!

two shots in each leg and roto oral.  he slept all night last night so i guess i'm lucky!  at his 2mo appt he was up all night crying!

thanks for letting me share!

Re: 4 month appt

• Glad to hear you had a good appt.  I can't believe your baby is 4 months already.  This year is just flying by!

I have a question about the reflux meds.  Did you just stop cold turkey.  We are still giving my DD Prevacid.  Our ped said we could stop at 6 months but DD has some other issues so I figure we will stay on them till maybe 8 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was on Axid.  his dose was upped at his 2mo appt to 1.0mL.  since then, he has gained 4 lbs and hasn't had a dosage increase.  she told us yesterday that he had definitely outgrown his dosage and that if he wasn't showing any new symptoms, he probably didn't need it anymore b/c his current dose was too small to be "just right".....does that make sense?

anyway, we are going cold turkey for a few weeks.  if he begins to show signs of bad reflux again - we just call and she'll call us in a new script based on his 4mo weight. 

so we are crossing our fingers that he does well!!!  i would love for him to be off the meds.  he's been on them since 2.5 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like your DS should hopefully be able to stay off the meds.  My DD has also been on reflux meds since she was 2 wks.  I think we might try the same thing soon.  Just stop cold turkey for a few wks and see what happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GL!!   Ethan still needs to sleep inclined, he still spits up CONSTANTLY, and we are still stuck on Nutramigen.....but getting him off the meds was a big step for us!   Hope it works out for you too Wink

• I can't believe he's 4 months old already!!  It sounds like you got great news at this appointment Smile
  • Wow!  4 months.  It is crazy how time flies.  I am glad to hear your guy is doing so well.  And that info about the rolling is good.  Linc shows no interst in rolling either.  I am glad we have some more time before it is considered a bad thing.

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"