April 2012 Moms

Mango to a cantaloupe??

Ok, so I just saw that the next size ticker food for 20 weeks is a cantaloupe...is it just me or does that not only seem like a big jump, but a cantaloupe sounds huge (and heavy) lol! I know the baby will start a weight/growth spurt about now but seeing that just kinda shocked me.
IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mango to a cantaloupe??

• There is one mama on April that is a cantaloupe today ( the one whose dr told her girl than boy I think) and I was thinking that is huge. Weird since the next week is a banana and that seems smaller that a mango.
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • Yes, Courtney (we were actually on the October 2010 knot board together) :-) I agree it's weird to go from a cantaloupe to a banana...a cantaloupe definitely seems bigger? Maybe because a banana is longer??
    IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably the length but a cantaloupe seems huge, its like a mini watermelon
  • imageTeamHayes:
    There is one mama on April that is a cantaloupe today ( the one whose dr told her girl than boy I think) and I was thinking that is huge. Weird since the next week is a banana and that seems smaller that a mango.

yeah :) that was me!! I know what you mean about the cantaloupe seeming huge. I looked at some mangoes in the store this week and then at some cantaloupes...it's a huge jump. Maybe they mean large mango to small cantaloupe? Either way, I can't believe how big our babies are getting!! I remember being sooo excited about a sweet pea and a raspberry :) now they are huge!
    eta: I kept spelling cantaloupe wrong!
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Oh, man! I'm like, 4 days from a cantaloupe! I remember when it was a poppyseed and I felt strange eating a poppyseed muffin that week. I'm loving cantaloupe right now, too!

Married 04/16/2011~Rowyn Olivia was born on 04/05/2012~Our Little Guy is due 01/22/2014!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

photo TraintracksDepottext.jpg
    All the photos above were taken in the exact same place, about a year apart. =)
  • I know what you mean, I feel like in was a tiny blueberry yesterday and I am still an orange.
  • Well if you look at all the ticker fruits we actually turn cantaloupe twice. And the 20 week cantaloupe says it only weighs about 10 oz. I have never seen a 10 oz cantaloupe... I think its more based on the length. Otherwise it makes no sense to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageTjIzzy2009:
    Well if you look at all the ticker fruits we actually turn cantaloupe twice. And the 20 week cantaloupe says it only weighs about 10 oz. I have never seen a 10 oz cantaloupe... I think its more based on the length. Otherwise it makes no sense to me.
    Yup, the fruits are based on length, not weight or the size around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is based on length.  That's why they jump from cantaloupe to banana. (Which just seems weird!)
  • It must be a really small cantelope b/c if you look later on I think the fruit before watermellon (40 weeks) is a honeydew.  I don't know about you, but I consider them to be about the same size.  A lot of time they also mean length vs. size or weight. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • imagePatella1129:
    It is based on length.  That's why they jump from cantaloupe to banana. (Which just seems weird!)

I read somewhere that after 20wks the doctors measure from head to foot instead of head to rump.  So, that may be the reason for the big jump in length.  

image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think the fruit conversions on The Bump are a bit screwy at this point. I swear a sweet potato is bigger than a mango. Whatever.

I'm also using BabyCenter.com's conversion which has a fruit or veggie for each week up to 40, not just a range like The Bump.

• imageMarie509:

imagePatella1129:
    It is based on length.  That's why they jump from cantaloupe to banana. (Which just seems weird!)

I read somewhere that after 20wks the doctors measure from head to foot instead of head to rump.  So, that may be the reason for the big jump in length.  

If you go to the "how big is baby" link on the main page it explains the big jump at the very bottom of the list.

Married to DH May 2009
    DS1 April 2012
    DS2 July 2014
    #3 due March 2017  
  • well the thing is with any fruit or vegetable there can be a huge variation. Some apples are twice the size of others. Some bananas are little, some large etc.

They usually give the inches and ounces too which i take into consideration.

now I have a sweet potato in me so I looked at some in my fridge last night and one was large and another was much smaller..... haha

• Thanks for clarifying about the length! It is totally confusing...I wish the ticker would say 'baby is now the LENGTH of such and such' instead of 'the size of' because I think of size as all encompassing of the object. I too get updates from baby center so it's interesting to see how they differ from TB...this week I'm an heirloom tomato as opposed to a mango. Oh, and I think of mangos and sweet potatoes as about the same size!
    IMG_0293

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"