Pregnant after 35
Options

Ugh...It's the flu

I've had the flu for two days now and it is miserable.  I swear I picked it up at my first dr's visit b/c nobody else I knkow has it.  Anyway, I have been taking regular Tylenol, drinking H2O and OJ and eating soup and crackers.  I was hesitant to take anything for congestion after reading conflicting articles on decongestants during the first tri.  I think I'll give my doc a call.  I hope you all avoid the bug!

Re: Ugh...It's the flu

• Options
    Sorry to hear about the flu! Did you get the flu shot? Weird question, I know, but I'm feeling kinda down today and am wondering whether I am still gonna get sick! ARGH!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dude, that sucks!  Hope get the word on some safe decongestants and fell better soon!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, how miserable!!  Try some saline spray.  I hope you feel better soon!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Ugh...My SO had it last week.  I got my flu shot the same day he started developing symptoms, so I was really afraid I would get it, too.  But so far, I've been OK.  Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Options
    I tried to get a flu shot the week before at our health center at work but the nurse wouldn't give it to me until I talked to my ob.  Of course I forgot to ask the doc about it when I went in for my first visit and here we are.  Thanks for the tip on the saline spray...my nose is burning from blowing it so much!
  • Options
    Yuck....I had the flu at 32 week preg with Emerson.  I had to be hopsitalized for a night.  There's absolutely nothing you can take except Tylenol.  It sucks....I'm sorry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"