2nd Trimester
Options

Ultrasound - boy or girl?

Hello. . . so we got our ultrasound pictures and I was just wondering. . .has anyone had a picture of a "boy looking" part but the testicles was not round. . .it had 3 white lines on the bottom and a lump on the top but could not see where the legs were so we could not figure out which way it supposed to go. . .  .the u/s tech said its a boy. . . but I have 3 and their testicals were round not flat with lines?  Does anyone have pics where it says a boy but had a girl?

Re: Ultrasound - boy or girl?

• Options
    I want to see the answers to this bc that is what mine looked like...taken at 14.1 weeks. Yours? Plus my u/s tech was new to the office, I was there last year w/DS and she asked me some random questions like if I have two cervixes and when I said no, do you see two because I think I would know that from my prior 3 pregnancies and would have two uterii she said no, but I just ask a lot of questions...and a couple random comments...so that plus an early guess I am not 100% convinced its a boy just yet.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options
    LOL yeah mines just typed "its a boy" and walked out and said doctor will be with you. . .WTH?  and I saw it was typed its a boy. . . I'm not convinced either.  I should've brought my pics with me (I'm at work) do you have yours?  I was 16 weeks. . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do....let me take a pic of it and upload it....may take a few min

I mean...it can certainly look like a penis...but wondering could it be an umbilical cord???

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options

I'm not 100% convinced until we get a 3D scan in about a month.

Here's our scan...

Yeah it sticks out a little, but there's also 3 lines.  The Dr. was more than convinced and mentioned how it was totally a boy and how he wasn't shy to show it.  But I need a better a picture to feel safe.  My Dr. is horrible with getting good shots of the baby.  She's all business and is just there to get the measurements and take a look at the gender but she's very fast with the wand and her pictures just seem to suck honestly.  I wish I could take over the wand and try it for myself.

• Options

The three lines would indicate girl to me.  If you aren't as far along, the bump on top is bigger as the genital tuber still needs to become smaller to form the clitoris.  It still looks like a little penis for a while.  This website has some good pictures.  Scroll to where it shows a picture of a girl at 13 weeks old (15w pregnant) and at 17 weeks old (19w pregnant), you'll see what I mean about the bump.

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the tech is necessarily wrong.  They obviously have more experience looking at that stuff and know better than any of us what they're looking at.  If you're at 20w+ I would think that they're probably right but it is easier to make a mistake if you're not that far into 2nd tri yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options

ok...so here is the in between the leg shot (14.1 weeks) you can see where she is pointing but then if you look a little further back I see 3 lines, do you?

here are some profile shots...in the first you can see what looks like to me the umbilical cord and then the angle of the dangle (I think??) but not in the second shot and the angle looks a little different in both

I want to find DS's pics and see what his looked like and if there were any lines near his penis

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options

Here is my boy/girl picture. It has the "boy parts" but there are definitely 3 lines right underneath it. Hopefully you can look close enough to see the lines. To me it doesn't even look like the boy parts are attached. I don't know if I'm just wishing for it to be a girl but I guess we will find out a week from today!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I also have a girl picture which definitely looks like a girl! Only time will tell.

• Options
    imagejgilmore86:

Here is my boy/girl picture. It has the "boy parts" but there are definitely 3 lines right underneath it. Hopefully you can look close enough to see the lines. To me it doesn't even look like the boy parts are attached. I don't know if I'm just wishing for it to be a girl but I guess we will find out a week from today!! 

How far along were you?  This definitely looks like a boy to me.  Boy u/s do have lines on them too but they look completely different from the lines on a girl u/s.  See the pictures below.

Boy:

Girl:

My BFP Chart

• Options
    The scrotum can image as three lines as well, esp in an early ultrasound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekatcarls:
    imagejgilmore86:

How far along were you?  This definitely looks like a boy to me.  Boy u/s do have lines on them too but they look completely different from the lines on a girl u/s.  See the pictures below.

Boy:

Girl:

I was 13 weeks. The tech said 65% sure it was a girl then later changed her mind and didn't know what it was. Crossing fingers for a girl though! 

• Options

Here is DS at different weeks during the pregnancy

Here are DS's pics and see what his looked like....I don't see the three lines like I did with this one (2 bigger and smaller in the middle...there are some dark white lines in the first one)

16.6 weeks

18.6 weeks

23.0 weeks

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options
    imageLina1030:

ok...so here is the in between the leg shot (14.1 weeks) you can see where she is pointing but then if you look a little further back I see 3 lines, do you?

here are some profile shots...in the first you can see what looks like to me the umbilical cord and then the angle of the dangle (I think??) but not in the second shot and the angle looks a little different in both

I want to find DS's pics and see what his looked like and if there were any lines near his penis

That looks like a boy to me too.  Fourteen weeks is early to be making a gender determination, so I wouldn't trust it completely, but it does distinctly look like a scrotum and penis.

My BFP Chart

• Options
    imagekatcarls:
    imageLina1030:

That looks like a boy to me too.  Fourteen weeks is early to be making a gender determination, so I wouldn't trust it completely, but it does distinctly look like a scrotum and penis.

I tend to agree...it just looked a little different than w/DS.  But really does look like a penis to me :)

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • Options
    imagejgilmore86:

I was 13 weeks. The tech said 65% sure it was a girl then later changed her mind and didn't know what it was. Crossing fingers for a girl though! 

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't trust it yet, 13 weeks is pretty early to determine gender.  Good luck at your next u/s!

My BFP Chart

• Options

Well mines is nowhere close to the boys that jgilmore has up its not round on the bottom. . .it looks like the girl part but on the side it has a bump. . . .I already had my 2nd u/s and will need to pay for a 3rd one. . . I'm in Hawaii so the u/s will definately cost an arm and leg just to confirm :(  I'll post my u/s pic tonight and see what you all think. . . .

• Options

I definitely agree. I can't get past that girl picture though! Next Tuesday can't come soon enough! 

• Options

jgilmore my u/s looks semi like yours not like the boy example. . . . it has a bump and 3 lines sidewards. . . .they didn't show where the legs were so I'm no sure which way to hold the pic. . . .

0(|) it looked like that LOL. . . .but the 3 lines were facing horizontal and the bump on top. . . . 

• Options
    jgilmore you need to LET THE INQUIRING MINDS KNOW WHEN YOU GIVE BIRTH!!!  LOL. . . .I give birth in March of next year so I'm really curious. . . .
  • Options
    I feel like I have a he/she inside of me right now! I can't wait to find out what it actually is! I will update next week after the a/s and we can compare again then!! 
  • Options

Here is what may be a better picture of my 3 line boy picture. It really looks like the boy parts are the cord or something. But I've told myself this is a boy the whole time so we will see!

• Options
    jgilmore the pic did not show. . ..
  • Options
    I can't figure out how to make it smaller. I guess that little pic will have to do! 
  • Options

Im not a pro,

but Lina yours looks like a sure boy shot to me

and ivana yours is not very clear. I agree its just not a good pic.

Baby #3 on its way!BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I can't get the pic on here :(

• Options

I don't know if this helps or not but here are 2 ultrasounds for comparison

BOY:

GIRL:

Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    So now I'm curious ladies - I was told that we have a girl at 20 weeks. But I am just not sure... I can see three lines but I also see a little grayish area on the second picture that seems to be protruding out like a penis would...
  • Options
    nicoleee89nicoleee89 member
    edited December 2013
    My tech said male at 19wks but only measuring 17.2.  I'm still hoping he was wrong.  Lmao
  • Options
    Team blue here! Here's my u/s 16 weeks 5 days pic of he's profile and "goods"
  • Options

I'm not 100% convinced until we get a 3D scan in about a month.

Here's our scan...

Yeah it sticks out a little, but there's also 3 lines.  The Dr. was more than convinced and mentioned how it was totally a boy and how he wasn't shy to show it.  But I need a better a picture to feel safe.  My Dr. is horrible with getting good shots of the baby.  She's all business and is just there to get the measurements and take a look at the gender but she's very fast with the wand and her pictures just seem to suck honestly.  I wish I could take over the wand and try it for myself.

It's actually easier for them to tell in 2d than in 3d. Even if you get a 3d scan they will probably use 2d to check sex

It's a BOY

• Options
    momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited December 2013
    I never thought I would do this, but this is the shot that made my tech say "100% girl." . After 45 minutes of several different angles she finally got a pretty promising shot. I won't be buying anything pink until my a/s but I have been telling people it's a girl. I sure hope she was right! The first thing she saw was three white lines though

It's a BOY

• Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    OP, you aren't quite getting this whole posting thing are you?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @JKBMA2014 : definitely girl.

@GANTA555 : all photos look like boy to me.

@Jgilmore86 : your pic looks like a boy to me.

@keltonsgirl : definite, defined girl there.

@christinebrown : looks boy to me.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @JKBMA2014 : definitely girl. @GANTA555 : all photos look like boy to me. @Jgilmore86 : your pic looks like a boy to me. @keltonsgirl : definite, defined girl there. @christinebrown : looks boy to me.

It's a BOY

• Options
    This original post is from November 2011.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Can you tell if this is a boy or girl from the placenta placement? It's transvaginal
  • Options
    Can anyone tell if this is a boy or a girl ?! 
    bogg.png 249.2K
  • Options

This original post is from November 2011.

Oh damn. Sorry about that.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I also have a girl picture which definitely looks like a girl! Only time will tell.

Thus looks like all my boys did at that point

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"