North Carolina Babies

Reminders

Ok guys, this is a depressing post.  I am very sorry and I don't expect any responses so you can stop reading now if you don't want me to drag you down with me.

In light of all the gifts we all want to shower our children with, I just got a little reminder of what Christmas is about.  I have shared with you all that my granfather has cancer.  I got the call last week that this will almost certainly be the last holiday season we get to celebrate with him.  He has officially been given the "six months to live" death sentence.  I am heartbroken, to say the very least.  This is a man I admire and adore.  He makes me feel like a little girl again while at the same time making me feel like I can take on the world.  More accurately, I am devastated.

It is Christmas time.  I want to get him a gift.  Something worthy, although there is nothing, absolutely nothing.  So I turned to Google, because Google can answer anything, right??  Yup, big mistake.  Anyway, here is a good article if you feel so inclined to read.

https://www.salon.com/2010/12/14/christmas_cancer/ 

I am trying to make this year different.  I still want to shower my child with gifts.  More gifts than ever.  But I want to shower him with love as well.  I will be spending as much time as I can afford with my family and just tryiing to keep it all together.

I know I am not the only one going through this right now so I thought I would share.  Maybe someone can relate or also needs to vent. 

Also, be nice to people.  You never know who is out with you because it is their last chance.  I say this because my papaw said that all he wanted to do was go to Red Lobster.  How many times have I been to a place that isn't very special to me at the time and someone was sitting next to me enjoying the last meal they may ever have from that place? 

Man, this is tough : /

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reminders

• I'm so so sorry D. I cannot imagine how your heart is feeling right now. I hope your family can enjoy this Christmas with your Grandfather in light of the sad outlook. It sounds like he is surrounded by a loving family & I'm sure that will make Christmas extra special for him. 
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagebecki777:
    I'm so so sorry D. I cannot imagine how your heart is feeling right now. I hope your family can enjoy this Christmas with your Grandfather in light of the sad outlook. It sounds like he is surrounded by a loving family & I'm sure that will make Christmas extra special for him. 

Thank you :)

• Loading the player...
  • Big hugs to you.  So sorry.  And I've been there with my mom, so if you need to talk, let me know.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm completely covered in goosebumps.  My heart aches for you and your love for your family.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• imagecmbrown:
    Big hugs to you.  So sorry.  And I've been there with my mom, so if you need to talk, let me know.

imageunc00ref:
    I'm completely covered in goosebumps.  My heart aches for you and your love for your family.

Thank you both.  It is a hard time for sure.  I appreciate the support, everyone on here is always so amazing.  It is the only reason I was brave enough to be so open.

• D I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine how hard this is for you and your family.  Hopefully this holiday season will be memorable and your grandfather will enjoy every day that he has left. Lots of hugs.
  • I just want to say HUGS.  Hugs to you & your family. 
  • HUGS!!!! So sorry you are going through this with your grandpa! Its never easy to lose or know that a loss of a loved one isn't far in the future but its even harder around the holidays. That is one thing I pray really hard for around the holidays is the families who are missing loved ones over the holidays or ones that may be spending the last holiday with their loved ones. My SIL recently lost her dad suddenly and I know this thanksgiving and esp. christmas is going to be hard on their families!! I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your gpa reminding him how special he is to your family. I think some pictures of him and ben would be an amazing gift to both u, ben and your gpa!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"