North Carolina Babies

Train tables

Might as well add my Christmas present help post :)

We are strongly considering buying Ben a train table for Christmas.  We really don't have the space but he loves it so much that we are willing to deal with it for a few months.

Anyway, any recommendations that don't cost as much as the actual Thomas table?  We are looking at this one, it actually includes all that you see.  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11766021   

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Train tables

• That looks like a good deal! Liam has the Circo train table from Target. We love it, but I looked on their website and don't see it anymore? It was a great value with a coupon from their toy book last year, and we got him a Melissa & Doug set to go on it.

Also check CL, sometimes you can get a great deal on train tables there! 

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an Imaginarium table we got Will a few years ago for Christmas.  He loves the thing and plays with it just about every day.  It's actually in his room now, after being in our living room FAR longer than I wanted it there, hehe.

My only complaint about it is that the legs aren't as sturdy as I would prefer, but my husband reinforced ours and added wheels because it's on carpet.  Makes it a little easier for us all to move.

The nice thing was that it did come with a lot of pieces and tracks, and we could supplement with a few Thomas-branded items, and other things we found at Target, etc.  Seemed like the most cost-effective way to do it! :)

Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • imageleonawfu98:

We have an Imaginarium table we got Will a few years ago for Christmas.  He loves the thing and plays with it just about every day.  It's actually in his room now, after being in our living room FAR longer than I wanted it there, hehe.

My only complaint about it is that the legs aren't as sturdy as I would prefer, but my husband reinforced ours and added wheels because it's on carpet.  Makes it a little easier for us all to move.

The nice thing was that it did come with a lot of pieces and tracks, and we could supplement with a few Thomas-branded items, and other things we found at Target, etc.  Seemed like the most cost-effective way to do it! :)

That is great, thanks for the review!  We can reinforce if we need to, no problem there.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also have the Target Circo table and got Target tracks as well. I love that that one comes with so many tracks and stuff cuz we just have the basic tracks and such.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We got a similar one from either Costco or Sam's 2 years ago.  Both kids love it and play with it daily still!  Totally worth the $$.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• We're getting Eli one for Christmas too.  I wish we'd gotten him one last year, but I'm sure he'll still get alot of use out of it.

I've been looking at the KidKraft tables from Walmart, they're similar to the Imaginarium tables with all the pieces, but seem to be a better price.  I've been looking at this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/KidKraft-Ride-Around-Town-Train-Table-and-Set/9916869

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Are either of you at all good with woodworking and tools? My husband made DS a train table last spring using some plans we found on the Internet. It was MUCH cheaper than buying a train table, even used off of Craigslist. Here's a link:

https://www.squirreltracks.com/howto/traintable.html#theplans

He said it was pretty easy to make, and I like it because the flat/top part lifts out easily, making it much less of a hassle to move around when needed. I was in charge of painting it -- I am by no means an artist, but I was able to find some cute & easy ideas on the Internet.

Here is a link to a pic of how it came out (sorry, Bump won't let me Insert it as a pic for some reason, and the pic is kind of grainy b/c I took it w/my phone)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22925658@N02/6329080733/

imageDS is a train nut, and he plays w/it every day. Oh, and we didn't glue down the train tracks, and DS loves making new layouts. Just my .02. :)  imageimage

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"