North Carolina Babies
Options

Pinworms?

We are scheduled to go visit my parent's this week and my sister will be joining us with her two kids. UGG. So my sister just called me and told me that she had to tell me something, her daughter had pinworms (so they think) and she was treated with the medicine and has not had an outbreak in almost 2 weeks. Her son, herself and my sisters ex, wife and their new baby all were obviously exposed and none of them got it (kids spend half the week at their dads). Would you have any concerns visiting? It will be my moms house, they will not be spending the night, or sharing a bathroom, just playing with shared toys. WDYT?

Obviously I will me making sure everyone washes their hands, uses sanitizer,etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pinworms?

• Options
    From what I read it looks like they only live for like 2 weeks so i'm thinking if she hasn't had any outbreaks in about 2 weeks u should be fine but i'd def. ask her to make sure she washes her hands.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    the life cycle from egg to adult worm is 6weeks.  we just had an "outbreak" at c's preschool.  fortunately we didn't get it, but I have read up on it extensively so I'd know what to look for.

I think you'd be ok though.  Lots of hand washing.  Especially after using the restroom for the cousin.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 weeks later...no, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageraceyrae:
    2 weeks later...no, I wouldn't worry about it.

I guess I should clarify, the last time she had a reaction (outbreak of itching) will have been two weeks by the time we see her. That doesn't mean that there may or may not be pinworms present. She has taken 1 dose of the medicine but will take a follow up dose in 2 weeks (that;s the part that makes me nervous, not having the full dose).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"