July 2012 Moms
Options

How are you telling the family? Cute ideas?

Hi everyone! This is our first baby and we are planning to wait until Christmas to tell both our families. Does anyone have any cute ideas that they are planning to use? Thanks!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How are you telling the family? Cute ideas?

• Options
    DH and I actually talked about this today. We're planning on giving framed ultrasound pics to our grandparents and parents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't decided how we'll tell our immediate families at Thanksgiving. Maybe with a card or something. We'll tell extended family at Christmas and my entire family gathers at my grandma's to open presents. I think I'm going to stash an extra present to me and DH under the tree from "the stork"--inside will be a onesie that says "arriving July 2012" across the front.
    house blogger, social worker, LSU fan, first time mom-to-be

Living Well on the Cheap

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well we are thinking either christmas or thanksgiving not sure yet. But since this baby was conceived on our anniversary I was going to tell them that we got an extra souvenir on our anniversary that is going to be here on or around July 6th... kinda of tacky but I thought it was cute! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    probably go the Christmas route... tshirts for the grandparents and aunts. 
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with our son we told our families at Christmas. We gave our moms each a card that said "We didn't know what to get you so we decided to make you something instead." Then they each had a baby outfit that they unwrapped. And then the rest of our families figured it out by their screaming.
    IMG_3186-1-1IMG_4020aba
  • Options

I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm telling my immediate family as soon as possible. I see them all the time and am a terrible liar. Plus, if my mom or stepmom offers me a glass of wine and I don't accept, they'll know right away and I highly doubt my ability to give a fake excuse to the two women who know me best. Also, I'm really close to my parents and can't stand the fact that they don't know already. Finally, they'll be pretty good about keeping their mouths shut until we give them the OK. 

We're going to my mom's for dinner on Wednesday (she lives about an hour from me) and my dad and stepmom's for the weekend (they live about 3 hours away).

The plan WAS (and has been for a really long time, despite the fact that we were TTA) to give my parents t-shirts from the university where DH and I met, got our degrees (including the one he's still working on) and I currently work that are specifically for grandparents.

Of course, when I went to the university's bookstore today, they only had the university grandpa shirts, no grandma shirts and no clue as to when they might come in. I could tell the hormones were kicking in because I cried about it on the way home. Sigh. I might just make the shirts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think I decided that I will give them a card that say "We didn't know what to get you so we decided to make you something" (I thought this was really cute! Thanks for the idea) The I am going to get onesies made up that say " Arriving July 2012" and have my mom and MIL unwrap them. =) I'm excited to see their reactions. This will by my mom's 11th grandchild (1st by me) and my MIL 1st grandchild. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"