Illinois Babies
Options

Daycare... help!

Can anyone recommend any infant daycare homes/centers/nanny's in the Uptown/Andersonville area (or anywhere in the vicinity)? I'm starting to panic as our little one just arrived and I'll be headed back to work in January and hadn't considered waiting lists. Any advice would be helpful. 

Thank you! 

Re: Daycare... help!

• Options

We're using Irving Park Early Learning Center (Near Montrose and Sacramento). That might be a bit further west than your looking for but we live in Lincoln Square and it works out well for us.

I'm also going back to work in January but I got on their list somewhat early. I'm not sure if they have spots open at this point. I think they only take 8-12 infants.

• Options
    Hi! I don't know if this helps out at all, but I own a home daycare in Lakeview and I have a 2 day a week, Thursday/Friday, spot available that I would hold until January for the right family. I am a former preschool teacher and day care center director with my M.Ed. I know you may be looking for full time care, but I have spoken with some families who were interested in using my center in conjunction with a nanny to provide a few days of social interaction and education. All of my families are part time. My kids are between 2 and 3 months old right now and I provide care and developmentally appropriate activities for 3 children a day including my own daughter. If you are interested visit my website at www.littleblueladybug.com and contact me if you'd like more information :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejuly1momma:
    Hi! I don't know if this helps out at all, but I own a home daycare in Lakeview and I have a 2 day a week, Thursday/Friday, spot available that I would hold until January for the right family. I am a former preschool teacher and day care center director with my M.Ed. I know you may be looking for full time care, but I have spoken with some families who were interested in using my center in conjunction with a nanny to provide a few days of social interaction and education. All of my families are part time. My kids are between 2 and 3 months old right now and I provide care and developmentally appropriate activities for 3 children a day including my own daughter. If you are interested visit my website at www.littleblueladybug.com and contact me if you'd like more information :-)

I realize this may seem odd, but I was a preschool teacher (up until things got high risk and I was put on medical leave a couple months ago) and was thinking about starting to maybe see if I could watch children at our home instead of going back to the daycare that I was at and putting our little one in a separate one or having to find a new place to work that has an opening for both me and baby. Just wondering on how it has worked out for you and if you know if there are stipulations on watching kids at your house if it's just one or two besides your own. I live in Will County though, so I have no idea if the rules would be different or anything, but I wouldn't think so. TIA for any advice or suggestions.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"