Indiana Babies

My babies are here

I haven't had a chance to post sooner, but my babies were born on Wednesday, November 2nd at 30.5 weeks.  My water broke at 3am on Tuesday, November 1st.  I was in the hospital for 24 hours and labor never kicked in.  The doctors didn't know how soon I would start contracting, but in the mean time I was being given IV fluids, antibiotics, steroids, and magnesium sulfate all to help the babies mature as much as possible.  At 1am on November 2nd, my contractions intensified very quickly.  After 1.5 hours of awful contractions they checked me, and I was already 10cm and ready to push.  Chaos ensued and we made it to the operating room with 3 doctors and 10 nurses ready.  I was begging for an epidural but my OB wouldn't give me one.  He was hoping to only deliver baby a (whose water had broke) and let baby b stay put for awhile.  He told me I was through the worst part and pushing wouldn't be as bad.  It was the most painful experience of my life, but I am so happy with the way things went.  Owen Stearley arrived at 3:40am, weighing 3 lbs 7 oz and 16 inches long.  My OB was worried that an infection may have caused my water to break so he decided baby b needed to come out as well.  Olivia Audrey was born at 3:56am, weighing 3 lbs 0 oz and 17 inches long.  Unfortunately they had to take my babies away from me immediately, and I wasn't able to see them for about 4 hours.  The next day I was finally able to hold them.  DH and I love them more than anything in the world.  It breaks my heart that they can't be at home with us, but I know the NICU nurses and doctors are taking the best care of them.  They have a long road ahead, but so far they are improving everyday.  We have to continue to pray and hope for the best. 

So there's my birth story!  

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My babies are here

• Congratulations!!  It sounds amazing and choatic and crazy all rolled into one!  I'm glad you made it through delivery well and I will be praying for your beautiful babies!  I hope they get to be home with you soon!  I look forward to hearing all about Owen and Olivia!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm shocked to see this post already, but I am glad that your babies are doing well. I will be thinking about all of you over the next few weeks. I hope they grow strong and come home quickly! Congratulations!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was surprised to see this post too! I felt so nervous for you when I saw the post subject and your name! I was so happy to read that everything was ok though! Congrats on your two precious little ones and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking forward to pictures of their beautiful faces!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wasn't expecting to read this post so soon, but yay for two little ones!  I just know they will get good and healthy and get to come home.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Congratulations!! I hope the wait for your babies to come home isn't too long and horrible!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry things hve been so scary for you. I know you will likely have ups and downs in the weeks ahead and I hope you can lean on us. I'm so very glad that you and the kiddos are doing well and I'll be keeping you all in my though. Congratulations, mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• wow, congrats!!  hope your feeling well.  Love their names!!
  • Sending prayers to your & your little ones! Congratulations.
  • Congratulations on your new little ones!! Hopefully they get big and healthy very quickly!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations! I hope their stay in NICU is short and that they continue to get stronger everyday! Love their names! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"