Potty Training
Options

advice re: soaking through pull ups at night

DS is 3 and has been PTed for a long time in teh day (nearly a year). I really don't think he's ready for night time training - and I certainly am not. But 2/3 nights he is soaking through his pull ups, and I end up having to change the sheets anyway. Sometimes he says it's happening just before he gets up, but sometiems he says he doesn't know when  it happens (though logically it'd be mornings - or he'd wake up?) We've tried a few different brands and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Does anyone have any advice?
Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: advice re: soaking through pull ups at night

• Options
    What are you using for a pull up?  We tried Huggies overnight pull ups and they just leaked.  We do well with Pampers.  The only other thing I can think of is making sure he goes right before he goes to bed, limiting fluids... all that good stuff.  Or go back to an overnight diaper??  They seem to hold more.

• Options
    We still use Easy-ups overnight for DS.  When he starts consistently waking up dry, we'll switch him to underwear.  I also try to limit liquids an hour before bedtime, otherwise he can soak through the pull-up.  I prefer Pampers Easy-Ups to Huggies Pull-ups.  DS seems to like that they're softer.  You could always go back to overnight diapers too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he can fit in them, I would switch him back to Huggies Overnight diapers. I had the same issue with pull ups leaking at night. I would maybe limit liquids even more than you are now and you could start to consider the idea of waking him up in the middle of the night to go potty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"