Washington Babies

Clara Laine's Birth Story

After a scary NICU stay with DD#1 (Ella) when she was born10 days late and inhaled meconium, I knew from the beginning of this pregnancy,I did not want to wait much past my due date to have this baby.  At my 39 week appointment, my doctoroffered to induce me the following Tuesday so it was a go. I stressed out aboutif I was making the right decision to be induced since there are other risksthat come with it, but ultimately decided I felt more comfortable having Claraa couple days before her due date, than a week late.

DH and I woke up at 4:15am, showered, packed up, ate a pieceof toast and were out the door at 4:59am. Checked into the hospital at5:10am.  I started the day out as adrama queen (Says DH ) by almost passing out before even getting my IV.  Luckily it was just from low blood sugar so the nurse gaveme some juice and a peanut butter sandwich. IV was in and the lowest dose ofPitocin was started at 6am on the dot. The nurse said I was 1-2 cm and 80% effaced. At 7am my dr came in andbroke my water and about 10 minutes later I felt faint contractions. At 8am Iwas feeling them a little more and we were being moved from triage to myL&D room. We got in and the nurse said I could walk around if I wanted andto let her know if I wanted an epidural sooner rather than later because shehad to hook me up to some fluids that would take about 30 min to empty. Wewalked to the end of the hall and I told DH we needed to go back to the roomand start the fluids! While waiting, I sat on the exercise ball and DH massagedmy back whenever I had a contraction. At 9am I was at 6cm and epidural was inby 9:15! Immediately I felt so much better! DH and I were talking about how itwould be awesome to have Clara born at 11:11am on 11.1.11 and the nurse said,?I don?t think you?re going to make it that long!? I was shocked and didn?treally believe her because Ella?s labor was 12 hours with 2 ? hours of pushing!Finally around 10:15, I told the nurse I was feeling a little pressure, but notthe urge to push like I remember with Ella. She called my dr to find out if hewas in surgery and update him, then checked me and called him back ASAP to sayClara?s head was right there. My dr showed up and I got my legs up on the tableand DH looks at me kind of funny, so I said, ?What? Can you see her headalready?? totally joking? but he could! I pushed once and my dr said, hold on asec, let me suction her mouth and I replied, ?her head is out???? yep! Anotherpush and she was on my chest at 10:30! DH was super excited to cut the cordsince he didn?t get to do that the first time around and I was so happy to haveher on my chest, it made the getting sewn up part go by a million times faster!I had a 2nd degree tear. Clara Laine R. weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz and was19 in long.

At 12:30 we were moved to a recovery room, which I walked tobecause I was not in any pain, just sore. We got settled in and startedenjoying our new little girl. She took to breastfeeding right away and sleepspretty good too! Ella came with my parents to visit and immediately loved hernew sister, then started crying when Clara did.  The next day I was a lot more sore and didn?t get out of bedmuch. When Ella came to visit, she was not into her sister at all and didn?teven care much to see DH and I (she loves her Grandma and Grandpa!) but ofcourse I started crying the instant she left! Day 3 (today) I feel a milliontimes better and we are home!  Mymilk came in, so Clara?s been eating a ton and pooping a ton too!  My bleeding has almoststopped too! Ella had a rough evening, but luckily her grandparents are herefor a couple more days, so she?ll be getting plenty of attention while gettingused to her new sister.

Overall, it was a much better experience than Ella?s birthand hospital stay and I told DH if it?s always this easy, I think I could have10 more! Haha! We?ll see if I?m still saying that after a week of being sleepdeprived!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clara Laine's Birth Story

• She is so beautiful, glad your labor was quick and easy. 
  • She is gorgeous! Congratulations!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad to hear that it was a good birth! Clara is adorable....bring on the next 10 :) Congratulations!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Congratulations, again! She's beautiful and I like the pink animal print outfit.:-)
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • What a cutie she is! Congratulations again! I know what you mean, labor with Anna was still painful and intense but it was SO much better than the first time around. I only pushed twice to get her out, so much easier! :) Rest up and enjoy your beautiful girls!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Glad you had a good experience. Welcome, Clara!
  • Love, love, love her name.  I am so glad it has been easier then you expected, and that your parents are still there to help.
  • happy to hear that it was super easy! congrats!

• Her name is beautiful and she looks perfect!  What a great story.

Congrats to all of you!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Beautiful baby, and i love the name Clara!  Glad it was a less stressful experience this time.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Your birth story gives me so much hope, K!

Congrats again. She's simply gorgeous, and I love her name so much!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• What a cutie.  So sweet looking!  Glad you had an easier time with this kiddo. :-)
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! Sounds like a pretty easy L&D. I love her name so so much. DS1 is Lane and I just love the name on a boy or girl.
  • Congratulations and great job mama!

Clara is my mom's name and one of my absolute favorite girl names :)  She is beautiful!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww, welcome to the world, pretty Clara!  I love her name, too, and it sounds like you had a fantastic birth.  Congrats, mama!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"