Washington Babies
Options

PG & TTC Check-In 10/31/11

We have 34 Pregnant Bumpies!!  Please reply to the post if you would like your information added to the Check In! Make sure to include your EDD.

STATS:
9 are having GIRLS   

3 are having a BOYS

6 are keeping it a SURPRISE

16 are UNKNOWN just yet

We have 12 ladies TTC

Other News 

Baby Watch This Week! 

October 2011

20 ? amcclindon ? GIRL

24 ? BriAndSean ? SURPRISE

November 2011

04 ? kristalovesjared - GIRL

7 ? jenseattle07 ? BOY

26 ? AimeeJo ? GIRL

29 ? NicoleD0516 ? BOY

December 2011

01 ? MissBHaven1024 - GIRL

January 2012

6 ? crystalw13 ? SURPRISE

26 - WatchPot ? BOY

February 2012

2 ? MrsEditorJax - GIRL

8 ? patsad24 - UNKNOWN

09 ? soralette ? SURPRISE

10 ? JessieJH - GIRL

14 ? jennlin ? SURPRISE

17 ? Jess1495 - GIRL

20 ? mommymeg83 - GIRL

21 ? cmcmillan ? SURPRISE

March 2012

01 ? MrsSmith717 ? UNKNOWN

20 ? Purvalicious ? GIRL

April 2012

18 ? greenmtbride ? UNKNOWN

18 ? johlise ? SURPRISE

21 ? shevaCC ? UNKNOWN

26 ? mertense ? UNKNOWN

29 ? heather318 ? UNKNOWN

May 2012

01 ? jacquiekat ? UNKNOWN

01 ? peanutrcr27 ? UNKNOWN

15 ? ash711 ? UNKNOWN

16 ? fyziksgirl ? UNKNOWN

23 ? annarach ? UNKNOWN

28 ? Orca11 ? UNKNOWN

30 ? Alli923 ? UNKNOWN

June 2012

01 ? xxblueangelxx ? UNKNOWN

20 ? kaitlyn77 ? UNKNOWN

30 ? megmacp ? UNKNOWN

Trying to Conceive

dawnies79 ? May 2011

tst1998 ? August 2009

KRoesToes ? December 2008

RJM050705

Kglan

lessthangrace

Armenta08

Stillkelsie

KNemo ? August 2011

Newmommy74 ? October 2011

Theresab ? October 2011

RequiresExalted

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment?

3. What are you looking forward to this week?

4. Monday confession?

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH

9. Questions for next week?

***When appropriate, please try to answer the TTC questions as it gives the ladies some insight as well!***

TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW?

2. What are you looking forward to this week?

3. Monday confession?

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?  We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab

6. Questions for next week?

ETA: Wording

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PG & TTC Check-In 10/31/11

• Options
    Pregnant Questions

24 weeks. i'm getting light/moderate cramps.....i think it's braxton hicks..but i really don't know...so we'll see, i have a dr appt this week, i'll talk to her about it.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment?
    weds. i don't know if anything special will happen

h and i are going to see the "seattle-mist" play at showare center this friday. i'm pretty excited :)  it's also our 6-yr dating anniversary on friday.

4. Monday confession?
    i used baby as an excuse to get out of a halloween party this weekend. i really was tired, but not really tired enough to not-go..i just didn't feel like driving that far, getting dressed up, etc..

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven
    i'm really excited about just having a baby..to "grow up" and be at that stage in my life. i've always wanted to be a mom. i'm fearful that we won't have enough money. we plan on having me SAH, and we should be able to afford it, but it's hard to cut back 50% of your income (h and i make similar salaries).

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516
    n/a

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx
    not yet, i should do this soon.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH
    my parents and my IL's live within 15 mins of us. i know my mom won't want to stay..but my MIL might want to stay with us...which is fine, i suppose. not for too long though. i don't think we'll have any other fam come to "help", but we might have some fam come by to "visit"...not sure if we'll be hosting them, or if IL's will.

at what point did you have a name picked out?

• Options

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  24. Nothing new

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Nov 9th. Hopefully uneventful

3. What are you looking forward to this week? NOVEMBER!

4. Monday confession? It's almost 10:30 & I still haven't put my makeup on even though I've been at work for 3 hours. I will go put it on after I post this.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven Looking forward to meeting her & not being pregnant :) I'm scared about having 2 kids plus job & husband. MONEY is my #1 anxiety/stressor/worry :(

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 I'll be looking for answers to this. I feel like I'm getting tired already & not even in 3rd tri yet

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx I toured with #1, no need to do it again. Sometime in 3rd tri is fine. Yes, it's worth it. It's only like 30 minutes & then you know where to go/what to expect when in labor.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH My mom is going to help for 1-2 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? AF showed up this weekend. Sad Waiting to O.

2. What are you looking forward to this week? Sadly, nothing really. Just a standard week.

3. Monday confession? This past cycle is the first time AF has ever been late which means it's the first time I've really felt "hope" that I might be PG. I was a cranky pants all weekend because I was feeling so down. On the bright side I was able to drown my sorrows in wine.

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab

I use https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/
    Knemo told me about it. They carry "hospital grade" products and I think the prices are reasonable.

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?  We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab We have missed a month here or there because of schedules. We didn't specifically say "we are not TTC this month", it just happened that way. I've tried to be relaxed about it and realize sometimes life/schedules happen. That said this is our first TTC experience so I don't have a history to base things on.

6. Questions for next week? N/A

• Options
    Pregnant Questions1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 10, m/s persists in full force2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? NT Scan on 11/11, reg. check up on 11/17.3. What are you looking forward to this week? um, the weekend.  I'm having a crappy Monday so far.4. Monday confession? I think I hate fast food everyday last week.5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? Looking forward to meeting this little one and seeing how he/she fits into our family!  Fearful that we will encounter any one of the many complications I faced in my last pregnancy/delivery.6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? I took benadryl to help me sleep.  I was so exhausted from insomnia.7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? We toured, I think it was around 30-ish weeks or so. Totally worth it.  I had to go in to L&D a few weeks before our tour happened, and it was actually really scary not knowing where to go and knowing that I was having contractions and didn't have any clue why or where I was going to get help.8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. All our family is local, so no one will be staying with us. I would not have wanted any houseguests, other than my Mom, the first few weeks.  I was a mess, I was tired, I was trying to figure out nursing.  I would not have been happy having guests of any kind.9. Questions for next week?
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  24 this week. nope, feeling good.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? End of November, will be gluclose test.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Halloween. And I get a night away by myself on Friday!

4. Monday confession? Iam using Walker as my go-to guy for candy tonight.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven  I am completely fearful this time, 3 kids is freaking me out!  Looking forward to seeing what it is.

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516  rest, rest, rest.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx yes, it was part of our childbirth class with #1. I dont remember when around late 20's i think. It was nice to see how things work, but really not compeletly necessary.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH With #1 my Mom stayed with us for acouple days, I had a c/s so it was really nice. She slept in the living room with him and brought him to me when he needed to eat, so I wasn't getting in/out of bed over and over. D was working for holiday ot, and took his time off the following week.

9. Questions for next week?Are you buying holdiay gifts for baby, even if baby won't be here?

• Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  28 weeks tomorrow.  Heartburn is horrible!

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? I have to do the Glucose test this week then see the MW next week

3. What are you looking forward to this week? The weekend.  I have meetings and a travel schedule for work that is likely to make DH and I bicker.

4. Monday confession? I was as quite as I could possible be this am so as not to wake up DS before I left for work.  I really wanted to just have a stress free morning and didn't want to have to deal with being in charge of the morning routine today. I feel bad because it's halloween so DH had to manage the costume and all by himself.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I'm affraid of DS#1 being jealous and regressing.  I'm excited to see him as a big brother and for rounding out our family!

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 Yeah, have a baby!  Then it's the newborn exhaustion :)

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx We won't know for sure where we are delivering until December

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH As many as possible!  I am totaly OK with helpful visitors as long as they are 1 at a time and they are self sufficient. 

***When appropriate, please try to answer the TTC questions as it gives the ladies some insight as well!***

TTCing Questions

3. Monday confession?

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab Pregnancytest.com and amazon.com

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC? We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab idealy we had times we prefered, but at the end, we weren't picky and it came more about the convenience of the IVF/shots/appointments/monitoring.  At first though yes we did skip a few months with IUI's and such so we could avoid when we didn't want a baby born/birthdate. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    Pregnant Questions1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  39, I actually feel better than I have almost my entire pregnancy!2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? 5am tomorrow morning at the hospital to be induced! :)3. What are you looking forward to this week? meeting our little girl!4. Monday confession? We're taking DD trick or treating so we can eat the candy! hehe!5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven Looking forward to snuggling a baby who can't run away from me! Not looking forward to worrying about everything for the first few weeks... I'm already starting to worry!6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 Sleep when you can!7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx Yes, we did around 30 weeks I think. Definitely worth it so you feel confident on where you're going when you're actually in labor and stressing out!8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH We live across the country from our families, so my parents are here for the birth and first week and then we have 2 weeks by ourselves and then my inlaws will come for 2 weeks around thanksgiving. If we did not already have a DD I would not want them here that long, but they can give her tons of attention and take her to her normal activities, which will help me a lot I'm guessing... and I'll be able to spend some one on one time with the new baby.9. Questions for next week?
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

We're at 25w4d! Nothin' too new, but I seem to be getting the 1st trimester fatigue back. Booooo.

Thursday! Whee! I get the GD test then, and plan on asking a ton of questions about the OB's views/policies on labour/delivery

November starts tomorrow!! I love November. :D We're hosting our first NaNo write-in of the year on Friday, and have another party to go to Saturday night! So excited.

4. Monday confession?

I'd rather take a nap than do housework. :( I suck at being a SAHW.

Looking forward to: Watching him/her learn things! Getting snuggly-warm baby hugs!

Afraid of: Finances. :-/ Living on one income is hard with two people; with three, it'll be more than half-again as interesting.

Sleep? I have no idea; I'm hoping someone else will have some feedback on this!

We toured ours the December before we started TTC; we decided on the hospital first and then figured out the OB. I think it's worth it -- knowing their policies and procedures, even a little bit, helps make it easier to plan.

My mom's local, so she won't be staying with us -- but I'm sure she'll be over every day or every other at first, haha.

My dad and stepmom will come up and visit, but won't be staying with us, either -- dunno how helpful they'll be (or not), but it'll be nice to see them.

My ILs are coming out and visiting for a week, a couple of weeks after our EDD, and probably will stay with us; they're definitely super-helpful and awesome people, and will definitely understand if we'd rather take a nap with the baby than socialize, lol.

Overall, I'm looking forward to it -- especially since it should be pretty well spaced out, rather than everyone glomming on us/the baby all at once!

Moms of 1+: When did you notice that your LO had started to prefer the position that they ended up in when they were born? (head down, facing forward/facing back, breech, etc)

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Uh ... how am I now 10th on the list? I was a big fan of being like, 20th. AHHH. 

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 27 on Thursday. My pelvis is sore when I get up from sitting.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? I have my three-hour glucose test tomorrow. Oh joy.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? The moment the glucose test is over. And also, hopefully working on the kids' rooms. I am on a frantic search for pink curtains.

4. Monday confession? When Collin woke up sick last night, I was a tiny bit relieved -- not that he's sick, but that it got me out of sex because he went to sleep with DH and I escaped to the couch with my new phone and played Angry Birds for the next 75 hours.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I am excited to have her here and BE DONE being pregnant, and I am worried about how Collin will react to an interloper in HIS house.

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 I tried to treat myself to a little something when I was tired, even just a homemade virgin margarita (my craving) or some bad TV.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx I toured somewhere around 35 weeks, and it was good in theory, but I ended up being induced so I never went to triage or anything, so my experience was totally different than what they talked about on the tour. That being said, I'd say it's worth it for first-time parents especially to know where to go, etc. I am going to ask my OB if anything has changed since 2009 in terms of Swedish's policies, etc., and if it's anything relevent, we'll do the tour again.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH My mom brought dinner the night we got home and then showed up at 9 a.m. the next morning and I shoved Collin at her and passed out on the couch. She lives about five minutes away, though, so it benefits me that she can be here quickly, but she also goes home. I would personally not want to have people staying in my house right after giving birth, especially since you're trying to figure out a routine and are likely going to be up all night.

TTCing Questions

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab I didn't know they carried them at the time, but I'd do Costco. The cost per test seems a lot more reasonable than going to Target or something.
    5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC? We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab I never did -- it took me two years total to get pregnant (including a miscarriage) because I never knew if I actually would get pregnant and didn't want to miss out on an opportunity if it were to happen.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    15 weeks. I'm feeling great! But then I overdo it and get exhausted...and then I don't learn and do it all over again.

Next appt. is the big ultrasound! Not for several more weeks, though.

Halloween! I LOVE holidays. Then vegging, bc I'm exhausted from being in Chicago all weekend with friends.

4. Monday confession?
    I'm the budget enforcer, but I really wanted Japanese food last night and was feeling lazy/tired so DH and I went out to dinner. I never let my husband do a dinner out when he's being lazy so I feel a little guilty about eating out with plenty of food at home.

I'm looking forward to watching our baby grow up and entering this new stage of life. Plus getting to go to all the cool activities kids get to go to (museums, petting zoo, hay rides, meet Santa, etc.). I'm worried about day care and how we're going to work it all out. None of my close friends nor my brother's family have used day care for an infant so I don't have anyone to give me advice. Not sure yet if I'll want to work full time, part time, or not at all...and I'm not sure I'll know until the time comes which makes it hard to plan. I'm a planner so I'm worried.

Don't know yet, but for regular exhaustion I've been aiming for 9 hours of sleep a night, and/or a nap.

Not yet, but planning to later on.

I hope my parents will come and help out for as long as they're willing. But they won't be able to be here right away since they live across the country. My ILs usually cause more stress than help bc they refuse to do things any way but theirs (putting my nephew to sleep on his stomach with a blanket bunched under his mouth at 2 months old, for example, or lately feeding him whole grapes at 9 months old). I have a feeling they'll be here but I hope not for long.

• Options
    TTCing Questions1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW?This question means less and less the longer I'm at this. We're still waiting for our FET. The time is just dragging.   2. What are you looking forward to this week?Appointment with the RE on Wednesday to hopefully get the go ahead to start progesterone in anticipation of our ET next week.  3. Monday confession?I'm up for a job that starts in July. If this FET works, I will be due in July. I have no intention of telling them and will just agree to start work in July. People get KU'd on accident all the time, right? How will they know that I actually planned this? 4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests?Amazon.com, I used wondfo. You have to pee in a cup, but they are dirt cheap and I found they worked really well. Their HPTs are really sensitive too, so you can test early. Not that I would do that... 
    5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?
    We still take months off from trying here and there. It's just too hard emotionally (and financially at this point) to keep going month after month, but keep in mind, we've been TTC #1 for over 2 years now. And in the greater scheme of things, one month isn't going to make a difference.  But TTC is a different experience for me than those who get to do it the old fashioned way. If we were doing this without intervention, I think we'd probably just keep trying.  6. Questions for next week? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 14. No aches or pains, but I'm out of breath a lot. I've only gained two lbs. but I feel like I've gained twenty.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? We're finding out the sex on November 28th!

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Catching up with an old friend over HH tonight.

4. Monday confession? I want my boss to buy a couch for the office so I can nap on my lunch break.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven Sometimes I feel like I'm fearful of everything! I sometimes get worried that we're not ready, and I wonder if I'll be able to keep my job...but then I remember how badly, and for how long we've wanted to start a family and remind myself that we'll make it work somehow.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx - Not yet, but every mommy I know did the hospital tour and they say it's definitely worth it.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH - I don't think we're going to have anyone come to stay. We're in West Seattle and our family is in Redmond. I'm sure they'll be over a lot, but we won't have the room after baby comes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? Cycle 4. Waiting to O, which should be in the next couple days. My OPKs are starting to change.

2. What are you looking forward to this week? Spending time with DH. He is off work this week!

3. Monday confession? I am ready for a glass (or 3) of wine right now, and it is only 3:20.

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab Like Dawnies already mentioned, I use www.early-pregnancy-tests.com. They aren't the cheapest, but they are good! You can actually get a huge batch of Wondfo OPKs and PG tests from Amazon for around $10.00. I will probably go that route if I don't get PG this cycle.

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?  We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab We aren't going to skip any months. We are just going to keep on trucking. It's time for baby #2, and I don't want to wait any longer than I have to!

6. Questions for next week? Nope.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 20 weeks tomorrow.  2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Another anatomy scan on 11/9 to get a few more measurements that she wasn't cooperative with, mostly just her spine.   3. What are you looking forward to this week? Hopefully starting to work at home.  4. Monday confession? I had one of those days so instead of a glass of wine, I'm having DH pick up Thai food to make myself feel better.  I also DVR'd Hocus Pocus over the weekend and am currently watching that.  Yes, I'm 31 and thoroughly enjoying a kids movie that I've seen a dozen times :) 5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I'm looking forward to watching her relationship with DH, I think he'll be amazing with her.  I'm afraid of how I'll deal with the lack of sleep.  I love sleep.  6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx  My OB just told us to schedule this, we'll probably do it around 25 weeks.  I have no personal experience as to whether its worth it, but my OB strongly recommended it so that I wouldn't be in an unfamiliar place if we had an early emergency or even just for a routine labor.  8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH  My mom is the only one that's offered, but she lives 20 minutes away so she can come and go as needed.  I'm sure my FIL and SMIL will come up from OOT to stay, but I adore them so I have no problem with that.  9. Questions for next week? For the first time moms that had an anterior placenta, how did you judge fetal movement when its hard to feel all the time?  Did you start feeling more later on or was it always just a tickle?  Right now she feels like a fish swimming around in there and I feel her once or twice a day but never consistently.   
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 14 weeks nothing new just the normal stretching 

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? 22ish Hopefully setting up my a/s

3. What are you looking forward to this week? A nice weekend without car travel!

4. Monday confession? I really want to eat out all week so I don't have to go grocery shopping.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I'm excited for dd to have a sibling to play with and hopefully grow up close to. I'm worried about how dd will adjust to a new baby.

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 Enjoy the sleep! Okay that doesn't help with getting over it. Just take it easy and try not to over do it.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx I might tour again as they have changed some policies. I was 28 weeks last time and it was worth it to see where I would be staying and birthing. It also helps knowing what floor it is on.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH  They probably won't actually stay here but will come over shortly after the baby is born. DH's parents have family close by and mine will stay in a hotel.

• Options
    TTCing Questions

Waiting to O 

Possibly starting a new job 

3. Monday confession?
    Diet, schmiet. >.<

I use Amazon for both.  I get the Wondfo HPT, and CBE digital OPK (I love the smiley face).  For the OPK at least, you can do the subscribe and save. 

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?  We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab
    Nope.  Christmas, Birthdays, Weddings... we just want a baby, whenever it happens. 

TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • Options

Dawn- can you change me to "BOY"?  I mentioned it in my responses last week, but it must have been missed. :)

1. What week are you in? 22 Weeks, 4 days. Any new aches or pains?  No more tummy sleeping. ;(

2. When is your next appointment? Two weeks. Will anything special happen at that appointment? Nope, just heartbeat and questions. 

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Today was great! Laurel had so much fun trick or treating!

4. Monday confession? I totally influenced her candy selection.  :)

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? I love decorating the nursery!  I'm also hoping that I'll feel like I know what I'm doing a little bit more this time around.  I'm scared out of my mind about parenting two at once. :)

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? Nap when you can.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? I did as part of my labor class. Yes, I thought it was helpful.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. If they're helpful, I'd say go for it.  If there's a chance that they could be headaches, say NO. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  Week 11, nothing new.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Next appointment at 15, we'll get to hear the hb again and meet the third midwife of the group!

3. What are you looking forward to this week? I just did what I was looking forward to, we "came out" on Facebook today and it was great!

4. Monday confession?

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I'm looking forward to getting to know him/her, and I'm most fearful of generally not having a clue what to do. I have literally never seen a newborn before.

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 I had (have) no tips for my first tri exhaustion, I'm hoping third is easier!

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx My appointments are at the birth center where I will give birth, so I see it each time. I'm thinking I'll tour the two most likely transfer hospitals, too, so if I have to transfer I'll kind of know  what battles to prepare for.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH I was going to have my mom, but then I realized I probably won't want houseguests immediately either. She can't travel with short notice, so that's out, anyway. Given that, I'll have her plan to come 2-3 weeks after my due date, and we'll see how long I'll have had an outside-baby by then!

9. Questions for next week? When did first trimester symptoms (morning sickness, fatigue, etc.) end for you? I'm almost at 12 weeks and mine are still going strong, I want a light at the end of the tunnel!

TTCing Questions

3. Monday confession?

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab Without a doubt Wondfo on Amazon. I love their tests, they are SO easy to read (both OPK and HPT). In fact, my BFP was SO faint I thought it was an evap line...but in the months of using Wondfos I never once had an evap line at all, always a snowy white field. And at about $0.20 a test you can't beat the price!

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC?  We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab We didn't because each single month felt long enough! We ended up being due in a month which means my hubby has to miss two trips he looks forward to each year, but it's worth it to us to have our LO on the way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Pregnant Questions

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains?  - 14 weeks. Feeling great other than brain zaps from weaning off of my anxiety meds. So I guess there is nothing pregnancy related going on.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? - Tomorrow. Just a routine check-up.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? - My little guy's birthday tomorrow! DH and I both took the day off to spend with him so I planned a lot of fun stuff.

4. Monday confession? - I've got nothing.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven - I'm looking forward to seeing Jake as a big brother. I'm terrified of 2u2 and lack of sleep!

6. Anyone have any tips for getting over the third tri. exhaustion? ?NicoleD0516 - Lots of sitting around doing nothing! Take advantage of it while you can!

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx - We didn't. But that's because I work at the hospital I delivered at and even worked in L&D while I was in nursing school.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. -JessieJH - My parents live two miles away so there is no reason for them to come stay with us. DH's parents live 3 hours away and wouldn't be much help if they came to stay with us.

9. Questions for next week? -

• Options

imagePurvalicious:

4. Monday confession? I had one of those days so instead of a glass of wine, I'm having DH pick up Thai food to make myself feel better.  I also DVR'd Hocus Pocus over the weekend and am currently watching that.  Yes, I'm 31 and thoroughly enjoying a kids movie that I've seen a dozen times :)

I love that movie. I watched when it was on the other night. I've seen it a dozen times too. Smile

• Options
    imagemrssmith717:

Dawn- can you change me to "BOY"?  I mentioned it in my responses last week, but it must have been missed. :)

I caught it....after I posted this week's. Sorry about that. It's corrected for next week. Smile

• Options

TTCing Questions

1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? AF showed up 5 days late so it's back to waiting to O.

2. What are you looking forward to this week? A short work week with NOTHING planned this weekend at all...heaven :)

3. Monday confession? I've got nothing :(

4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab I just buy from Target or the supermarket
    5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC? We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab Not at all - Everyday I am getting older & I don't want to wait any longer! When we were TTC the 1st time we missed out on our best friends
     wedding as I was 35 weeks pregnant and couldnt make the flight. There is always going to be something that will come up but I don't regret not putting off TTC at all!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options

Hi ladies,

Can I Join?? My EDD is March 30, 2012

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? 18

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Nov 4th- Anatomy scan!!

3. What are you looking forward to this week? Finding out if this is a bean or beanette

4. Monday confession? I think I've gained 3 pounds in a day on my niece's candy!

• Options
    TTCing Questions 1. What cycle are you on? Waiting to O or 2WW? cycle 2 post m/c, waiting to O 2. What are you looking forward to this week? E's party on Saturday but is is causing me stress right now. 3. Monday confession? I think I am thinking about #2 much more than my husband.  4. Best source for OPKs & Pregnancy Tests? preferably online... last time I used Costco but they don't carry them anymore. -theresab

5. Do you plan on skipping any months while TTC? We have the potential for a couple big trips next year, but since it took a long time (and help) to get #1, I kinda feel like we shouldn't stop trying any given month. -theresab I don't think we will skip intentionally.  It took over a year for E, so I don't want to wait.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageChai_Latte:

You bet. I will get you added for next week.

• Options
    imageSweetTurnip:

I'd like to be included. My EDD is 2/20/12 and we are having a girl!

I'll get you on the list for next week.

• Options

Better late than never. :)

1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? Week 36. Nothing new.

2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? Tomorrow, possibly GBS test.

3. What are you looking forward to this week? One week closer to meeting my little guy. :)

4. Monday confession? I've had more Halloween candy than I care to admit.

5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven I'm looking forward to meeting him, holding him and see what he looks like! Fearful of? That I'll have absolutely no idea what to do.

7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx I toured when I was 32 weeks. I would say it's worth it.

8. How many people are having family come to stay post birth to 'help'? My in-laws have offered and are generally really helpful (and I like them), but I'm thinking more and more that I will want to not have any houseguests. We don't really want anyone to come help after. I don't want ot get too overwhelmed with people. My MIL is coming for Christmas and I'm already worried about becoming overwhelmed by it. Our house is too small for people to stay.

Nicole 32| Julian 29
    Cooper: 11/20/11
    Julian: EDD 8/1/16
    PCOS & Endo. w/ DOR

• Options
    1. What week are you in? Any new aches or pains? -- 10 weeks, pain in my hips..... 2. When is your next appointment? Will anything special happen at that appointment? -- Next appointment is tomorrow 11/7; this will be my first appointment with a new OB 3. What are you looking forward to this week? -- My oldest daughter goes back to school after a week off for conferences 4. Monday confession? 5. What are you most looking forward to about the new baby, and what is something you are fearful of? -MissBHaven -- the snuggles... my older girls don't snuggle anymore. :( I fear that this baby will be born earlier then my youngest daughter who was born at 34wks 6days 7. Did you tour your birth hospital? What weeks did you tour? Was it worth it? ?xxblueangelxx -- No because my mom had all my siblings at the same hospital and it didn?t change... this time I will be delivering somewhere new and I am considering a tour. 9. Questions for next week? -- Will this be your last baby? If yes are you sad about not having anymore? This will be my last baby and I am kind of sad that I am not enjoying this pregnancy more right now.
  • Options
    imagedawnies79:
    imageChai_Latte:

You bet. I will get you added for next week.

Just wanted to add, we had our A/S on Friday and we are having a boy!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"