May 2011 Moms
Options

*pinkflipflops*

I was reading in the occasional bottle post and noticed that you said your daughter used to refuse to take a bottle and now takes one. HOW DID YOU DO IT?!!!!!!!

My DS will not take a bottle. It's killing me!  I would love to be able to get away for a few hours and it's impossible. I would love to hear what you did!

Re: *pinkflipflops*

• Options

We tried Avent, Breastflow, Playtex drop ins and then Tommee Tippee.  TT was the winner.  It took about a month.  But after I started my job and she was at daycare 4 hours a day it quickly got better.  She started sipping a few ounces and then just took off.  She also started taking a pacifier at the same time.

It helped to have her away from all distractions and for me to not be around.  In the very beginning of it, we noticed she did better if my husband or his mom sat in the asme chair I did at home for most feedings.  At daycare, if she was held snug and close it worked.

It honestly just clicked.  But I also kept leaving her and it really wasn't an option for her.  Yeah, nights were HELL on me because she was up more eating then beause she was missing out on a feeding during the day, but she eventually figured it out and fixed her night sleeping to some sort of a schedule.

If you want to leave for a few hours, do it.  If he doesn't take the bottle he will not starve to death.  He will just be hungrier when you get back.  And if he gets super hungry, he will drink the bottle.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"