Minnesota Babies
Options

Stroller Strides anyone?

Saw this article in the Trib today:

https://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/wellness/131613353.html

I am expecting DC#2 in December and have a 2 week vacation to FL planned in March.  I figure I will need to do some mall walking during Jan and Feb to help loose the baby weight, but I also saw this.  The only bummer for me is that the only malls they do this at are in the south metro and I am in the north metro.  Any moms want to start a north metro group like this in January?  I could figure out the exercises as that is in my career background, but would love to do it with a bigger group of moms.  What do you ladies think?

Re: Stroller Strides anyone?

• Options

I might be up for this Lisa. I'm due Feb 13 so if I'm still feeling good in Jan I would join in.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 4 months now, but I would love a group like this. However, I work FT, so I'd only be available before/after work and on weekends. :/  If you guys end up with a time like that, I would love to join you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be interested in this, if it is near me. 
  • Options
    I'd be interested if one was near me.  I know in the summer they had classes at Maple Grove when I was on leave with DD.  I never ended up going though.

• Options

I would love to do this but I also work FT so would really only be available Saturday morning. 

Hope we can get something set up  

Edit - Oh I forgot to add that when Aiden was super new I did a free class in Burnsville that was put on though Fairview just like Stroller Strides & I loved it.  

• Options

I am due with baby #2 near the end of January.  I'd love to do something like this and also live in the North Metro.  Let me know what you come up with.  I will be on Maternity leave until April. 

What mall or place were you thinking of?  

It was a long road for our family...our 3 angels in heaven are always watching over us!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Glad to see that there are so many interested!!  I was thinking we could rotate between Rosedale and Northtown.  I will come back after the holiday craziness and post more details.  

• Options

Can you PM us if it is going to be after the holidays?  I could totally see myself forgetting to check and I don't get any alerts or anything when things are posted.

Thanks!!!

It was a long road for our family...our 3 angels in heaven are always watching over us!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Hi ladies!

I own Twin Cities Stroller Strides, and stumbled over this thread, so wanted to join in and see if I could offer any help! 

Congratulations on your upcoming babies!! That's such exciting news!  I hate that our franchise doesn't offer anything for the north metro yet, but I'd love to encourage anyone who loves the idea to start your own franchise!!  The more, the merrier, and the cost of ownership is not that high.  It's a fabulous lifestyle, and it is possibly the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

To the person who started this thread, please make sure you are doing some research on the issues that post-partum bodies have, since the risk of injury is potentially higher for people whose bodies are still filled with relaxin (up to a year post partum).  For some exercises that anyone can do, please check our website: https://www.strollerstrides.com/exercises

There are a couple of things I'd like to suggest that you work on while working to get your pre-baby bodies back!  First, core, legs, back and more core.  You may remember from baby #1 that you have very little abdominal strength left, and that it doesn't always spring right back to where you think it should be.  Working your core will help you prevent any back injuries, which are very common in new moms.

Also, since I'm here, I'm going to give you all a list of stuff you can do in the first 6 weeks--please don't start a full on exercise regimen before you get your dr's go ahead.  If you want more information, please let me know, and I'll e-mail the whole document to you.

General recommendations -->Begin pelvic floor rehab immediately: Kegels -->Weeks 0-2: Focus on gentle activity, begin pelvic tilts and small abdominal crunches -->Weeks 2-4: short walks, duration 5-15 minutes -->Weeks 4-6: maintain routine, don?t rush progression

If anyone wants to get in touch with me, please do--my e-mail address is:

emilychristie@strollerstrides.net

Take care, and congrats again!

Emily Christie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"