Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Vomited Like the Exorcist! Help Please!

Since she was born my LO has not spit up much. Of course she has spit up now and then but it was never a lot and not very often. Well on Wednesday evening, not long before bedtime, she vomited all over my husband. I was at work so I didn't see it but he said that she had drank 8oz of formula about a half hour before and it seemed like she threw up all of that. Apparently they were both covered in it. Then tonight she did the same thing to me. She drank a 6oz bottle and I was rocking her to sleep and out of nowhere she puked all over. There was so much! I didn't even know that much vomit was possible and it was coming out of her nose even. She has no other symptoms going on and seems perfectly fine before she throws up and fine after too. Any idea what could be causing this?    

Re: Vomited Like the Exorcist! Help Please!

• is she coughing or congested?

my first DS developed a lactose intolerance and we had to switch formulas and that fixed it....but for us he had diarrhea.  

I'd call the pedi on Monday and see what they say. 

• Eh, no big deal.  Mine has had a cough and has done this a few times.  My pedi said it could be the extra phlegm in her throat mixed with a full stomach and she just gagged.  It hasn't happened many times, and if it just happened to yours once then I wouldn't worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaurakaz13:
    Eh, no big deal.  Mine has had a cough and has done this a few times.  My pedi said it could be the extra phlegm in her throat mixed with a full stomach and she just gagged.  It hasn't happened many times, and if it just happened to yours once then I wouldn't worry.

That's the thing, she doesn't have a cough or any other symptoms that I can tell. And this was the second time in three days that is why I am worried. This first time I thought no big deal maybe she just had an upset tummy but then she did it again three days later.  

• imageMrs.Saxy:

is she coughing or congested?

my first DS developed a lactose intolerance and we had to switch formulas and that fixed it....but for us he had diarrhea.  

Nope no cough or congestion.

Out of curiosity, how old was your LO when he developed the lactose intolerance?  

• This has happened to DD 4 time now (yesterday actually), but she keeps puking :(...when it happens to her she vomits at least 3 times and it's projectile.  Not yesterday but the time before we ended up taking her to the hospital because she was dry heaving and I was really worried.  Of course by the time we got there she was fine and we left with a $300 bill.  But they told us there that it could have been a post nasal drip and even though there are no symptoms of congestion that drip could still be there and her reaction is to vomit.  When this happens our doctor told us to feed DD every hour but only for 3 minutes just enough to keep her hydrated.  If she won't take BM or formula give pedialite.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSharon21:
    imageMrs.Saxy:

Out of curiosity, how old was your LO when he developed the lactose intolerance?  

If I remember correctly, about 9 or 10 months old.
  • When my daughter puked like that, her nurse said it was the stomach flu. She puked like that twice and had no other symptoms. They had us give her tiny but frequent amounts of pedialyte to start off with, then watered down formula and we worked our way back up to normal by the end of the next day.

But of course, I'm not telling you to do this as I don't know for sure if that's what your LO has. I would definetly call the Pedi to see what you need to do.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagekendra223:

When my daughter puked like that, her nurse said it was the stomach flu. She puked like that twice and had no other symptoms. They had us give her tiny but frequent amounts of pedialyte to start off with, then watered down formula and we worked our way back up to normal by the end of the next day.

But of course, I'm not telling you to do this as I don't know for sure if that's what your LO has. I would definetly call the Pedi to see what you need to do.

This. This was exactly what DS did when he had a stomach bug.  No other symptoms, just vomited everywhere.  He never even ran a fever.  We actually brought him to the dr. with it and since he had no other symptoms, she said he might have just gotten an air bubble while eating.  Then he proceeded to get everyone that came in contact with him sick, so we knew it was a bug :)  I would definitely call the dr., keep your hands clean, and keep your LO away from people just in case it is a bug of some kind. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Saxy:
    imageSharon21:
    imageMrs.Saxy:

If I remember correctly, about 9 or 10 months old.

I didn't know that they could develop lactose intolerance out of the blue at that age. That is good to know since she is allergic to oatmeal this could be a possibility. I will definitely be calling her pedi in the morning to see what she thinks. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"