VBAC
Options

Time between pregnancies

Is there a recommended time between pregnancie that is better/ideal when aiming for a VBAC? My DS is 15 months and I'm wondering if we get pregnant in January, 18 months is enough time between pregnancies? DS was a breech baby and even though we went through labour, he didn't turn at all!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Time between pregnancies

• Options
    I've seen a lot of people on the internet say 18 months between deliveries but my doctors recommend 12 months between pregnancies. That being said I got pregnant at 8 months & my doctors will do a VBAC if I decide to. It has affected my decision making process on whether or not to VBAC. If you want to VBAC you should wait until you LO is a year old to TTC or you increase your risks of UR and you may have trouble finding a doctor that is down w/ VBAC. I wasn't really aware of this issue and always assumed I'd have another c-section. But if you are thinking ahead I'd wait.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think the most common recommendations I've heard around here are either 18 months or 2 years between deliveries (not pregnancies).  So, you should be fine, but I guess ask your doctor to make sure they don't have some other recommendation.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB recommends 16 months between c-section and pregnancy, but I could attempt a VBAC if a pregnancy happens prior to the 16 month mark. It varies between OBs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My doctor recommended 2 years between pregnancies. I am 36 weeks pregnant now with our second and DD is 5.5, so I am definitely in the clear to try for a VBAC.

I have also heard 2 years between deliveries, so I think you are just fine. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LOs will be between 23-24the months apart. My OB said I would be ok to VBAC. My first was breech and I never labored so I'm not sure if that matters or not.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My OB recommended waiting 12mo before TTC. My LOs will be 22mo apart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"