Single Parents
Options

It's over

I tried to make the marriage work. He said he wanted the marriage to work, but he kept lying and hanging out with the....girl he had the affair with. Just after our 2 year anniversary, I caught him in yet another lie and confronted him. I told him that I was done with this, and he had to choose, her or his family. He chose divorce. I was not surprised, but it still hurt.

It has been almost 2 months since he moved out. I'm getting together all of the information I'm going to need for the divorce, financial and otherwise.

I still love him and I want him as my husband. BUT, I don't want a husband that is going to lie to me and hurt me as he has. I deserve better. I don't want my son to think that lying and cheating are ok, which is what it would say if I stayed. My son deserves better than that. If my STBXH thinks that girl is more important than his family, than all he is showing is how truly selfish and immature he really is.

I just also know that this is going to be really hard for me. I found out that a few of my friends are on this board and they keeo saying how supportive you all are.

Re: It's over

• Options
    I am actually currently in counseling. She was our marriage counselor so she has seen what is going on between us and she seems to think I am doing the right thing (you know it's bad when your marriage counselor is supportive of you divorcing him...)
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this, especially with your LO being so small.  It's such a hard time, anyway.  I'm glad you are in counseling; it really does help.

Good luck!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    im going through a divorce my self and i have a 3 month old daughter..its been very hard for me and its getting better just know that your baby is right next too you during this whole thing, thats what made me get through this is knowing that my daughter is right next too me and she helped me pull through this! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"