New to The Bump
Options

To Pill or Off the Pill...thats the question

Fresh of "The Knot".  Nervous to go off the pill.  Will it happen the first month (not sure i am ready for it to happen in two weeks..or am i?)...or will it take a year...if it takes a year i better start now....but what if it dosent take a year but two weeks ...Ahhhh :{ 

Is that sort of internal argument normal lol..? 

Bumpies...how did you get over the panic of the unknown and decide not to open that fresh pack of pills.  And how long does it usually take ( i know i know everyone is different). 

Newbie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To Pill or Off the Pill...thats the question

• Options

As with any life change, this one is going to require a leap of faith. Perhaps try to look at it less as fear of the unknown and more being excited about this new chapter in your life.

There is no average it takes to get pg off the pill. For every person whose cycles regulate right off the bat, there's another who took a few months to get back to regularity, and another who had TTTC.

FWIW, the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility can help you figure out fertility signs. And check out fertilityfriend.com. And it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. NBD.

GL

• Options
    For some of my friends, it took over a year.  I was convinced I would take awhile to conceive... so I got off the pill and BAM pregnant in 1 month.  We were not expecting that and I was surprised.. but thrilled!  If you do get off the pill just keep in mind that anything could happen because like you said, everyone is different :)  Good Luck and welcome to the bump!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My birth controlled was actually recalled and we got the letter to start using condoms about 2 days too late lol It was a wonderful surprise but DEFINITELY a surprise. Anyway my point is, We had a 2 week window and somehow got pregnant in it. Some people try for years. My best advice would be not to stop taking that pill until youre 100% prepared to see that BFP tomorrow :)
  • Options
    I went off the pill in January when we decided to start trying. We were ready for it to happen right then, but it didn't end up happening until June. When I was late mid July I got that BFP. I was starting to get nervous and lost a bunch of weigh (way too much) and it was when we decided to stop trying so I could focus on putting more weight back on that it actually happened. It's gonna happen when it's supposed to. You don't really have any say in it.
  • Options

I didn't intentionally come off the pill - my pharmacist screwed up my Rx and it would have been another month before I started it again. We decided to switch back to condoms and let things "regulate" so we can try this summer. You may want to be prepared for your hormones to go CRAZY. I was super emotional for about 2 weeks and had BOTB all the time. My first cycle was also about 35 days long.

Like everyone else said - it will happen when it is meant to happen! I also started temping last month and it has really opened my eyes. That might help you as well!

GL!

siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I went off the pill in the Summer 1998 because I was getting brown splotches all over my face.  I was pregnant by January, so six months!  I wasn't trying, though.  We were still using condoms.  I have my own vanity to thank for my darling 12 year old!  If I hadn't been getting the brown spots, and went off the pill, he wouldn't be here.  Funny how life works....so, don't put so much thought into it.  It will HAPPEN when it HAPPENS.  I had to wait 12 years for my second bundle of joy, and I wouldn't change a thing about how or when my miracles came to be!  You'll be ready!
    EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• Options
    wenbow - your son's nursery is FABULOUS! I absolutely love it. I just sent in a vote for you - GL!
    siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks Girls:)

The unknown is so scary but yet exciting at the same time.

I am thinking we are as ready as its going to get:) I am just really nervous but i am sure thats normal.

So now its time to take the leap of faith...

• Options
    I know this feeling all too well! My husband and I decided to stay on the pill until we were both comfortable that if it happened tomorrow we'd be ok with it. I went off the pill in June and didn't get a real period until Auigust. We then started trying but nothing yet! I keep hoping it'll happen and can't wait til it does! Although everyone is different...be prepared that your first cycle post pill may be longer or shorter than what you experienced prepill. My OBGYN told me it can take upto 3-6 months to get your period back and it took me 2 months. If you don't get it within 6 months it's time for an appt to assess what is going on. Good luck trying and hope it's an easy transition!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"