Pittsburgh Babies

Butler Hospital

Anyone deliver at the Butler Hospital?  How was your experience? Do they send you home with any kind of care kit?  What would you suggest I bring with me?

Re: Butler Hospital

• I delivered at Butler twice September 2007 and October 2010.  I had very good experiences, my nurses we awesome, I was the only one to delivery that day both times so the nurses we focused on me, no one else to tend to.  You might have to share a room after delivery that is, although I didn't have to either time.  Room sharing happens when they get a lot of moms in there at the same time.  I got lucky and didn't have to.  I was able to get an early discharge the second time which was also nice. 

As far as a care kit goes. You can take home the pads and peri bottle and sitz bath (if they give you one). They'll also give you cream and tucks pads.  I got a small tube of lansinoh.  And they'll give you a little gift bag with stuff in it too, you can also take home the diapers and wipes.

As far as what to bring with you, a change of clothes like sweats and a nursing tank and robe, so that you don't have to stay in the hospital gown, extra pillows, outfit and blankets for the baby, toiletries (shampoo, etc.).  Any checklist that you find in a baby book or even on here will do.  

Good luck, I hope you have as good of an experience as I did! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"