LGBT Parenting

D.C.!

Okay, so the internship site is secure (NW D.C. Hospital) and I can come from Jan 3rd/4th through Feb 1st. Now I need a place to stay.

Palisades, Spring Valley, Wesley Heights or Cathedral Heights would be best, although I'm open to nearly anywhere that's not to pricey or difficult of a commute (by public transit).

D.C. ladies, any suggestions?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: D.C.!

• The areas you mentioned are among the priciest in DC! :)

I don't have time to write much right now - but look in Tenleytown (zoo area) and Glover Park (not on the Metro - but you could take the bus.) Both have a lot of great restaurants and nightlife and are in safe areas. I have co-workers who live in both neighborhoods.

Columbia Heights is a good neighborhood with a lot of stuff. It is transitioning - but on the other side of the transition with a new Target/Best Buy/Giant (grocery store) and lots of restaurants. It is heavily hispanic and there is crime here and there - but I have a few co-workers who live (own) there and love it. There is a metro stop there making it very convenient. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure you will have much luck looking for a place for just a month in the neighborhoods you mentioned, since they are affluent neighborhoods mostly filled with large private homes. I agree that Tenleytown would be a great choice if you can find something there. Columbia Heights is a more "DC" feel if you want that. What Metro stop is the hospital near? Bethesda might be a good place to look too, although not all of Bethesda is Metro-friendly.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Jumping over becasue I cannot sleep...

Look into Downtown Silver Spring, MD

We live in Silver Spring and used to live in DT, walking distance to the red line metro...

I would be happy to give you any info by email too... michelle.spatafora@gmail.com if you need any help!

• Thanks, everyone! Sassafrass, I'll email you now!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"