Austin Babies
Options

Where did you buy life insurance?

We have a work policy but after talking to a lawyer about will/trust stuff, we want to get more, and something not tied to our jobs. I'm getting a quote from the company that insures our house and cars, anywhere else I should try?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where did you buy life insurance?

• Options
    We went to a broker (Kent Babb-located in the chase building down town) who compared multiple plans, coverage and rates from differnt companies for us.  We ended up with a mix MetLife term and full life.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll look into Kent!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through DSM insurance (www.dsminsurance.com) out of dallas but they have an Austin office, bluebonnetpride.com. Just a side note, my father was a life insurance salesman and he ended up dying when I was 6 months old, the fact that he had great policies helped my mom give us an amazing life despite his passing. Good luck!
  • Options
    My brother is a broker and we went through him.
  • Options
    we got ours through USAA.
  • Options
    imagejgb2000:

We have a work policy but after talking to a lawyer about will/trust stuff, we want to get more, and something not tied to our jobs. I'm getting a quote from the company that insures our house and cars, anywhere else I should try?

Thanks!

Can I ask a super dumb question?

For what reason would you want something not tied to your job?  I honestly don't know much about life insurance and would love to know if this is something I totally missed as all of our LI is through DH's job.   

• Options
    imageshanwalk2:
    imagejgb2000:

Thanks!

Can I ask a super dumb question?

For what reason would you want something not tied to your job?  I honestly don't know much about life insurance and would love to know if this is something I totally missed as all of our LI is through DH's job.   

I think if you shop around you can get better rates and deals than with an employer.  I don't even remember being offered LI from my job.  My husband contracts, so he has to find insurance on his own.  Like I said, my brother is a broker, so we asked him when I was pregnant last time.  He found us a great deal that was ROP, so if we out-live our policy, we get our premium back.

• Options
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

You might want to try life insurance quoting and brokerage services. They give you an opportunity to shop with hundreds of life insurance companies all at one time. Because online life insurance rates are so competitive, you might find some good discounts. At the least, it?ll give you opportunity to compare life insurance rates with what your insurance company is offering.

Denise Mancini
    Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

• Options

There's a lot to learn when researching for life insurance - like what type, the amount of coverage, how much will it cost I work for IntelliQuote and we can help you understand life insurance without any commitment from you. Check out our website. https://bit.ly/w4meJ4

• Options
    my brother is an insurance broker.  We went with him.  If you want his info, email me.  jeanfreerbarnett   gmail
  • Options
    You don't want to rely on insurance only through your employer because you may not always be employed there.  What if you leave in 10 years?  Then you are 10 years older and have to find another policy that will insure you, which will prob be more expensive that it would have otherwise because you are 10 years older and starting from scratch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"