North Carolina Babies

Black Friday

I apologize if this has been posted before.

Is there a legit website detailing stores Black Friday deals (including what time the stores open, etc)?

Also, how much money would you have to save in order to get up and shop on Black Friday? We went out last year, but got a late start (after 5am) and by the time we got to Target, everything was cleaned out and the line was wrapped around the building. They have something I want for my DD for $20 off the normal price, my DH doesn't think it is worth it for $20. So I am curious how much you normally save when you go shopping on Black Friday.

Also, do you know of any good deals we all might be interested in? ;-)

Thanks!

Re: Black Friday

• www.blackfriday.info

I haven't checked out any deals yet. I think Walmart released theirs and I heard Target was opening at midnight.

Honestly I think I've only ever gotten a few really great deals. One was a cappuccino machine from Kohls that was a gift for the in-laws. It's hit or miss. By the time you hit your first store, everything is out in the others. I mainly go with my mom for the fun of it. (Although sleeping in is sounding a bit better this year ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think a lot of Black Friday is for the fun! I think we've gotten some good deals while out, but with some online shopping you could probably do just as well. 

TRU opens at 10p, and Target at Midnight. My sister & I plan to go out, maybe with my mom without any kids and just get what we can. I hope to get a BluRay player for my DH, and a few toys for Caleb.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! That is good to know Target opens at midnight, I can handle that much more than 4am ;-) I think the $20 will be worth it, just have to convince DH!
  • It all depends on what you're looking to get out of it.  I've been out at 2pm with my sister and went to Best Buy to get a deal on a monitor for our mom and it was still there!  Same thing with our TV that year.  They had a crazy deal at Costco off the TV DH wanted, he went up there at 3pm and it was also still there.

I don't generally go out at midnight or 4am myself, I usually just wait for cyber Monday. Smile  But then again I haven't seen anything that I HAD to have either yet, but then again, I don't have any kids yet.

• It would take more than $20 for me to get out of bed, go out in the cold dark and deal with a crowd.  No way, much more than $20! 

However, if Target opens at midnight and I might be able to handle that :)  I am not usually alseep before midnight much these days anyway!

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelah1177:
    Thanks ladies! That is good to know Target opens at midnight, I can handle that much more than 4am ;-) I think the $20 will be worth it, just have to convince DH!

Have you seen the Target ad yet?  Where?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I follow this page on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BFAds

I can't do early mornings but I can stay up.  A friend and I went to Toys R Us last year--I can't remember exactly when they opened, 11 pm maybe.  We got some pretty good deals.  It seems like more and more stores are opening Thanksgiving night. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• imageAngelPack:

It would take more than $20 for me to get out of bed, go out in the cold dark and deal with a crowd.  No way, much more than $20! 

However, if Target opens at midnight and I might be able to handle that :)  I am not usually alseep before midnight much these days anyway!

I normally don't fall asleep before midnight either, that is why I can handle that better than 4am ;-) You are right though, I will need to be buying more than the dolls for my DD to make it worth it ;-)

• imagecmbrown:

imagelah1177:
    Thanks ladies! That is good to know Target opens at midnight, I can handle that much more than 4am ;-) I think the $20 will be worth it, just have to convince DH!

No, I haven't seen the ad yet. I did a search for the Princess dolls my DD wants and the Target ad just for them came up, I don't know if it is legit or not because the date and time is off (maybe it was last year?). So maybe the dolls won't even be $20 off this year. I told you all I needed help with this ;-)

https://www.blackfriday.fm/ad/target/ultimate-disney-princess-collection-7-doll-set/23683

• imagelah1177:
    imagecmbrown:

imagelah1177:

No, I haven't seen the ad yet. I did a search for the Princess dolls my DD wants and the Target ad just for them came up, I don't know if it is legit or not because the date and time is off (maybe it was last year?). So maybe the dolls won't even be $20 off this year. I told you all I needed help with this ;-)

https://www.blackfriday.fm/ad/target/ultimate-disney-princess-collection-7-doll-set/23683

I highly doubt that is this year. Target opened at 4am last year. The big ads don't really hit this early - I think like maybe a week before?  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagelah1177:
    imagecmbrown:

imagelah1177:

That actually was last year.  I went and remember seeing those.  Good news though, I didn't go til 7am and they still had lots of those left.  :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"