September 2011 Moms

Nap SCHEDULE?

The posts on the 0-3 board have me confused. It seems to be a lot of complaining that their babies won't go down for their afternoon or morning nap, asking for advice on how to get them to nap, how to ge them to stay asleep, etc. I just assumed at this stage, babies slept whenever they wanted. After his 8am feeding, Troy sleeps until noon. After that, he takes a bunch of short (20-45 minute) naps. I just put him in his crib whenever I know he's sleepy.

Do you have a scheduled naps? Should I be trying to get him to take another longer nap in the afternoon somehow instead of all the short ones?

EDIT: I just read the "Naps.." post below. Sorry! I'm back to work for the first time today and a bit scatter brained.

Re: Nap SCHEDULE?

• Madilyn just sleeps whenever she is tired. There is no schedule lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Olivia sleeps when she wants, but it's usually the same everyday. She is asleep every night by 10 or 11. And wakes up at 630 or 7 every morning. Then sleeps until almost 10. After that it varies on how much or long she sleeps. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't have scheduled nap times either.  I have noticed that he usually likes to nap in the mornings then spends the afternoons mostly awake with a few short cat naps like your LO.  He's usually so tired by 8:00pm.  He's been having his bath around then, then bottle and bed.  He usually wakes by 4:00am for a feeding or if i'm lucky, sleeps til 6 or 7 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only reason we have a semblance of a schedule/routine is because we revolve around DS1's schedule. Mornings are totally up in the air, and he sleeps when he wants to sleep. But I do try to put him down shortly after DS1 goes down for his nap so that I have a few moments to myself...and amazingly, it has worked out that B takes one good, solid nap during that time. I didn't force it, it just kinda happened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageamandaloren:
    Madilyn just sleeps whenever she is tired. There is no schedule lol

Yup - same here!  I just try to get through the day, and keep him awake for reasonable periods of time - playing, tummy time, etc - so we have a shot of getting a decent night's sleep Tongue Tied  I go by his schedule for now, but am starting to keep a log of when he naps and plays to see if I can narrow it down a little eventually.

• Conner doesn't have a set schedule but he usually goes to sleep after his morning feeding and sleeps give or take an hour and then goes down for his afternoon nap between noon and 2pm which he usually sleeps for about 2 or 3hrs (depending when he went down). I am now fighting w/ him to keep him awake from 5-8 or 9pm so that he'll go down for bed earlier and sleep a little longer. But, that'll come in due time.
  • We don't have scheduled nap times basically I feed him when he wakes from a nap and put him down when he starts to fuss (after about 1 hr or so).  The only "routine" we have for sleeping is at bedtime.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You guys are lucky - I fight with LO constantly to get her to nap! She fights sleep all the time, and her nighttime sleep schedule isn't much better. :( 
    imageimageimage
  • Nope. She is starting to have a pattern but I am not forcing it.

Some people put their kids on a schedule, aka Babywise. However, the AAP cautions against scheduled feedings because of dehydration and poor weight gain.

I find it helpful at this age to pay attention to cues and put her down when she is tired.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"