May 2011 Moms

NBR: zombie apocalypse

We've been watching The Walking Dead. DH says it's scientifically impossible. He says that once the brain is dead there's no coming back. Also they would need a pumping heart and therefore oxygen in order to function. The cells need oxygen and so do the muscles and so on.

Thoughts?

The show terrifies me. But I love it. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: NBR: zombie apocalypse

• It's our faaaavorite show.  I don't think it's possible either but I don't care.  I also wouldn't care if there was a zombie apocalypse if it meant I got to caravan around with Sarah Wayne Callies.

I actually prefer the show when it's more people less zombies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • They had a few shows on the History channel about this over the past couple days. I don't believe in it. I'm with your DH. I think it's pretty bizzare that people think it's possible!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok good because I seriously could not handle an apocalypse. Because of Eliza. That's the part that terrifies me. What would happen to my daughter? She's defenseless. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • I don't think the whole dying and coming back as a zombie thing is possible.

BUT - I do think if something like rabies were to go airborne, we'd be screwed and have "zombies" everywhere.  The likelihood of that happening...?  I have no clue.  

Boy #1, born 6/5/2011
    Boy #2, born 8/27/2014

Currently... Pregnant with mo/di BOY TWINS!  Due September 15.  Latest induction will be 37w.
  • I just discovered this show! It terrifies me, but I love it. The problem is when I have to wake up multiple times during the night and wander through the house... I freak myself out. Also, since watching this show I realize how dreadfully unprepared our house is for a zombie apocalypse.
  • imageMcAllie5:
    I just discovered this show! It terrifies me, but I love it. The problem is when I have to wake up multiple times during the night and wander through the house... I freak myself out. Also, since watching this show I realize how dreadfully unprepared our house is for a zombie apocalypse.

Or any kind of apocalypse? Or disaster of any kind? Yeah that sucks. I think we would probably starve. I would end up being one of those people panicked in the grocery store looting because it was the only way to survive. I also wish I had the resources to build an underground bunker. I bet those people are fine on The Walking Dead and they don't show them because they are just hanging out with no problems. 

Meimsx no more
  • imageMrsSparklebottom:
    imagerainfallki:

I don't think the whole dying and coming back as a zombie thing is possible.

BUT - I do think if something like rabies were to go airborne, we'd be screwed and have "zombies" everywhere.  The likelihood of that happening...?  I have no clue.  

If that happened there would be a quick die out, not a zombie apocalypse. I think rabies kills you pretty quickly. 

This reminds me of the movie Quarantine.  That movie scares me more than any other because it makes me think of the possibility of this happening. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • My husband was just telling me a few days ago about how he believes someone will try to create a zombie virus in our lifetime, just to see if they could do it.  Then went on to say how he could see it "getting out" and causing a big epidemic. 

He also tells me he thinks the Earth is due for a reset.

He watches too much science channel.

• This is a little off topic (i.e., not entirely zombie related), but since having DS I am thinking more and more along the lines of organic foods and such.  So I'm thinking about starting a container garden of veggies (and hopefully some fruits) that we eat most frequently.  Our soil here is sand and filled with bugs, so not sure how well I'd grow things in the soil (and hopefully the bugs don't invade my containers), but at least we'd have some veggies to eat once the grocery store looting was over!
    Boy #1, born 6/5/2011
    Boy #2, born 8/27/2014

Currently... Pregnant with mo/di BOY TWINS!  Due September 15.  Latest induction will be 37w.
  • imageMrsSparklebottom:
    imagemeimsx:

imageMcAllie5:
    I just discovered this show! It terrifies me, but I love it. The problem is when I have to wake up multiple times during the night and wander through the house... I freak myself out. Also, since watching this show I realize how dreadfully unprepared our house is for a zombie apocalypse.

Or any kind of apocalypse? Or disaster of any kind? Yeah that sucks. I think we would probably starve. I would end up being one of those people panicked in the grocery store looting because it was the only way to survive. I also wish I had the resources to build an underground bunker. I bet those people are fine on The Walking Dead and they don't show them because they are just hanging out with no problems. 

We'd be the people hiding out in the woods surviving off the land. My dad is a hunter and my husband is an Eagle Scout. Although it's a little scary to think of a world repopulated with my family. Indifferent

If there's an apocalypse you can come live in the woods with us. 

Deal. DH would love it. Since you know, he grew up there. Bram and Eliza would have ADORABLE children that could repopulate the earth.

Meimsx no more
  • Between my well stocked pantry, a cache of potatoes in the cold room, and our tenant's 23 guns... we are where I want to be when the zombies come.

Well, until we could hightail it to my parent's farm. My mom has enough food to last a long time and there are edible animals all over the place.

Is it bad that I have thought this through?

• imageMrsSparklebottom:
    imagetokenhoser:

Between my well stocked pantry, a cache of potatoes in the cold room, and our tenant's 23 guns... we are where I want to be when the zombies come.

Well, until we could hightail it to my parent's farm. My mom has enough food to last a long time and there are edible animals all over the place.

Is it bad that I have thought this through?

Not at all. I have too. Except mine is more of a total government collapse scenario. 

My mom and stepdad own several hundred acres of wilderness up in the hills and I'm trying to convince them to start building the compound now so we have less work to do later. 

I agree with sparkle. Not bad at all. I'm watching a show now called Survivors. It's much more plausible. A flu pandemic. 

Either way I'm screwed unless I move to WA and hang out with Sparkle. My contribution is I know how to sew. I also know how to cook. I'm also a pretty good shot with a shotgun. I really need to look into food storage. 

Meimsx no more
  • Invite me... I will be the commune's teacher. I have a master's and am certified in Pre-K to 6th. After 6th grade though, we need someone else, haha. :)
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • imageLisa102304:
    Invite me... I will be the commune's teacher. I have a master's and am certified in Pre-K to 6th. After 6th grade though, we need someone else, haha. :)

meh, after 6th I'm sure they're expected to work the land.

Meimsx no more
  • I highly enjoy this conversation. Has anyone read the Zombie Survival Guide? It's awesome. Oh and I just started watching The Colony on netflix, it's a lot of fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesumpunkchair:
    I highly enjoy this conversation. Has anyone read the Zombie Survival Guide? It's awesome. Oh and I just started watching The Colony on netflix, it's a lot of fun.

I was just about to mention Zombie Survival Guide. It's a sort of prequel to World War Z (which is amazing and even scarier than Walking Dead) and there is an extensive explanation in there of how the virus works but it's been 6 years since I've read it so I can't remember the specifics.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"