March 2011 Moms

Poll: In effort to revive this board....

I'm not big into FB, but did like the vibe that we had over here before the FB group began. I don't want to create an us vs. them, but instead, think that both groups can co-exist if people are willing.  So in effort to revive this board, what is your LO up to now?

1. Favorite Toy?

2. Favorite Food? 

3. Is he/she STTN?

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far?

5. Anything else? 

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o

Re: Poll: In effort to revive this board....

• I'll start.

1. My LO's favorite toy was the leap frog music table, but more recently, he has moved on to anything non-baby (shoe boxes, wooden spoons, etc.).

2. He loves loves green beens. We started him on fruits, but now he seems to have abandon anything sweet.

3. We recently Ferberized him and he is now STTN. Two weeks ago, he was waking up at least 3 times a night since he was unable to settle himself back down while on his back. I tried him out on his stomach, and it has been a world of difference.

4.  He is starting to cruise and the expression on his face as he gets around is simply priceless.

5. I have a feeling he will be standing unassisted and walking soon. He is already starting to hold on to objects with one hand.

6. Yes and I hope others are too! 

• imageagytay:

I enjoy the FB group and find it a bit easier to stay involved on my phone there than on The Bump, but I'm happy to participate in both when I have time. So far so good tonight with my DS and sleeping, so I'll respond :)

1. Favorite Toy? Loves his exersaucer still. Just bought him the Fisher Price Baby Grande piano and he is enjoying it a lot.

2. Favorite Food? Haven't found a food he doesn't like! We waited until he was 6 months to start solids so we are still on round one of all purees (fruit and veggies).

3. Is he/she STTN? Yes, except sometimes for his pacifier.

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? He's just starting to really babble and I find that adorable.

5. Anything else? I'm currently a SAHM. Returning to work at the end of March 2012.

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o)  I'll do my best :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Favorite Toy? 

He adores his rattle https://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Rattlin-Rings-Blue-Black/dp/B002QB2LHQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319603820&sr=8-2  similar to this one but in better colors.  He also loves his toy we call "Mothra"  Not sure why, but it's his name now.  I think it's supposed to be a butterfly.  He also loves the mirror from his play gym.

2. Favorite Food? 

He's become such a good eater.  He pretty much likes everything we feed him.  He likes, fruit, veggies and oatmeal with fruit in it.

3. Is he/she STTN? 

Yep.  Has been pretty consistently since he was about 2 months old :)  We are soooo lucky!  Lately he's woken up here and there for an extra bottle.  Probably growing again...

I love it when I pick him up and he smiles at me then hides his face like he's playing coy.  It's so adorable!  I also love how he cracks up when he bounces.

5. Anything else? 

When I first start feeding him, or change flavors, he makes this face like I'm poisoning him.  I love it :)

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o

Sure!  I'm not in the facebook group.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• 1. Favorite Toy? Honestly, the tiniest specks of anything I miss with the vacuum. I know that's not really a toy though. She changes her mind every day. Today, it was that old school toy with the colored rings that stack up largest to smallest.

2. Favorite Food? She loves them all except peas.

3. Is he/she STTN? Yes, but only as of this week. I hope it sticks!

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? She grabbed my face, looked me in the eye and said "mamama." I find it hard to believe she actually knew what she was doing but it sure seemed like it.

5. Anything else? She blows bubbles in her spit constantly which is cute but makes a mess. She also has started pulling herself up to standing every chance she gets. 

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o) Yes! I miss it! I've resorted to other boards since this one is dead. 

• 1. DS loves the stacking cups right now and this play fisher price cell phone his grandma got him.  He's also sprouted 2 teeth so he has been chewing on Sophie the Giraffe more lately.

2.  He does not like plums but has tolerated everything else.  Likes applesauce, squash, sweet potato, peas, and green beans the best.

3. He was doing great until he started getting teeth.  Also he has been sick & I think that may contribute to his waking up.  He wakes up 1-2 times a night so I can't complain too much!

4.  DS loves making noise and running his hand back and forth over his lips while doing it.  He can get up on all fours and rock but no crawling yet.  His form of locomotion is getting up on all fours and then throwing himself forward onto his belly repeatedly until he moves forward to where he wants to go!  It's crazy.  :)

5.  I swear he has some sort of magical power when it comes to getting ahold of my cell phone.  :)

6.  I post a lot on FB but do check in here and would post here as well if more people were active.  

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Favorite Toy?

Eh, she plays with lots of stuff randomly but doesn't really have a favorite. She always smiles when I give her the fake cell phone, though. She much prefers our real cell phones (and house phones, and remotes, and anything technological that she can ruin with drool lol).

2. Favorite Food?

As far as puree, butternut squash or pears. But she also loves to feed herself puffs; she's very independent!

3. Is he/she STTN?

Yup, 12 hours straight. But she is starting to get dependent on her paci to fall asleep and wakes up for it 2-3 times per night, so we're Ferberizing to ditch the paci next month.

I LOVE that she reaches out for me. She also started crawling a few days ago and she comes right to me, it's adorable.

5. Anything else?

She has five teeth and is working on three more. She babbles and pulls herself up to standing on low items (not on the couch or crib yet). She learned to splash and started swim lessons at 6 months, which she loves. She hasn't cried once in the pool and her instructors are amazed!

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly?

Yep, I don't have FB and don't want it. But I have to say, there have been a few tries to revive this board and I don't think it's happening. :(

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • 1. She hearts her Sophie. She also enjoys measuring spoons.

2. LOVES veggies. Is blase on fruit and oatmeal. Also, enjoys pufffs.

3. From 7:30pm-7am. 

4. Jumps in her bouncer and squeals. She also likes to be held upside down, so sometimes when she's on your lap she'll lean backwards and laugh hysterically.

5. Chugs from her sippy like a champ. No crawling.

6. Sure. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  Right now his favorite toy is the FP Little People Musical Zoo Train.  Obviously he doesn't know how to put the people on and push it like a train, but he likes to study each piece and then stick them in his mouth. 

2.  He loves Earth's Best Vegetable Turkey.  If he's ever iffy on another type of food (my zucchini puree for instance) I just mix a little bit of that veggie turkey in there and he gobbles it up.  Pun intended :)

3.  Yep.  He's been STTN since about 4.5 months old.

4.  Everything he does is cute, but right now he knows when I'm moving in for a kiss and he sort of gets this look on his face like he knows what's coming and he's ready for it.  I can't wait until he learns to pucker back!

5.  We started swim class two weeks ago and he loves it!  He even cries when it's time to get out. 

6.  Yep! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Favorite Toy?

Squirrel call...he likes to chew it and shake it to make the "chattering" noise.

2. Favorite Food?

Anything he can put in his mouth...especially things he shouldn't have that Daddy and the Grandparents give him.  He also likes to eat paper (he is a strange kid)

3. Is he/she STTN?

For the most part, but I still nurse him to sleep Embarrassed

He growled at the pumpkin he was "carving" the entire time it was in front of him...I think he was channeling the Hulk.  (This may or may not have been encouraged by the crazy neighbor lady that was carving pumpkins with us.)

5. Anything else?

One of his favorite activities is grabbing hair and beards (grandpa, daddy, uncle) and then slamming their head into his exersaucer or high chair tray and laughing like a maniac.

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o)

Definitely

Support bacteria...it's the only culture some people have.
  • Henry loves the ipad - we have an infant app on it for him and will likely get more.  He is pretty equal opportunity with all other toys so far.

Pears and applesauce are a big hit.  Peas, too.

Not on your life.  I am very far away from sttn.

I love the way he grabs faces and kisses people.

I never thought I would love being a mom so much!

Absolutely!  I check this board often still and would love it if it were more active.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Favorite Toy? Fisher Price stackable rings. She loves those things!

2. Favorite Food? Butternut squash

3. Is he/she STTN? Yes

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? Her making kissing sounds and saying "mama" are tied.

5. Anything else? 

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o) I will try!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

•  

1. Favorite Toy? Anything he can stick in his mouth. Especially crinkly books with teething toys attached. 

2. Favorite Food?  He loves prunes and oatmeal.  I am thrilled about that!

3. Is he/she STTN?   He sleeps from about 6:30 pm to 7 am.  We dream feed him around 11 pm.  But he only naps once a day. 

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far?  The way he interacts with his big sister is adorable.  He busts out laughing every time she walks into the room. 

5. Anything else? I'm exhausted. 

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o I'll definitely try. I can say that  from reading through the threads about FB, that group is definitely not for me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved the vibe here pre-facebook days...now that I have been deleted, I will be here more :)

1) Favorite Toy?  Fisher Price Lap Top...he just likes opening and closing it

2) Favorite Food?  any fruits and any orange veggies--I wish he would eat his greens though..

3)  STTN?  Yes and has been for a while (thank goodness!)

4) Cutest thing he has done so far? he loves when you "dance" with him...he laughs really loud and bounces in your arms.

5)  We are coming to 8 months--not a tooth in sight :)

6) ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageagytay:

1. Favorite Toy? Crinkly book with chewy corners

2. Favorite Food? apples, pears, bananas... anti peas and green beans

3. Is he/she STTN? Now, where would the fun be in that?

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? smiling and flirting with the ladies

5. Anything else? Not interested in crawling... won't stay on his stomach long enough to learn. :/

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o)  Sure.  I don't do FB, so I'd love to connect to some people here.

"And just know that your sun will shine just as sure as this world can spin, and I know you'll find that it's almost time for that love to come 'round again." -David Wilcox "Almost Time"
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1- Brook has a couple of favorites: her Nemo plush, Sophie, and a little bug that vibrates when you pull on the string.

2. Meatloaf and green beans.  MIL made it for dinner once and she ended up getting some, she absolutely LOVED it!  She now thinks she needs to eat whatever we're eating (though she usually doesn't get it).

3. Yes, since Easter actually. 

4. She's started pulling up on the loveseat, and when she does she gives the cutest grin like she knows she's done something amazing and is so proud of herself.

5. I figure I'll check in on here a little more often as it gets more active.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageagytay:

1. Favorite Toy? FP Lil Zoomers Rockin Roll Truck!

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pcat=lil_zoomers&pid=55218

2. Favorite Food? Applesauce... and he hates bananas which makes me sad :(

3. Is he/she STTN?  Nope and I don't mind!

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? Everything!!!!! Actually, he started babbling dada dada dada on his 7 month birthday... It's just awesome :)

5. Anything else? He really likes his penis :0

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o)   Will try too!  I'm only at work a couple of days a week which means lots of the net to surf with so little time LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Favorite Toy? A lamb from Infantino that lights up and plays music.  He loves the lamb's face!

2. Favorite Food? Sweet Potatoes

3. Is he/she STTN? I wish!  No.

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far? At nights now we have a dance party in Bennett's room before bed.  I'm dancing with Bennett and DH is in there too.  Bennett just lights up and laughs!  It's adorable!

5. Anything else? Bennett is so mobile - it's definitely more work to watch him now-a-days.

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly?  I have facebook up most of the day at work so it is easiest for me to post there.  However I do try and check back here once a week when I have time. 

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebootsie08:

1. Favorite Toy? Anything he can stick in his mouth. Especially crinkly books with teething toys attached. 

2. Favorite Food?  He loves prunes and oatmeal.  I am thrilled about that!

3. Is he/she STTN?   He sleeps from about 6:30 pm to 7 am.  We dream feed him around 11 pm.  But he only naps once a day. 

4. Cutest thing your LO has done so far?  The way he interacts with his big sister is adorable.  He busts out laughing every time she walks into the room. 

5. Anything else? I'm exhausted. 

6. Are you willing to post here more regularly :o I'll definitely try. I can say that  from reading through the threads about FB, that group is definitely not for me.

I don't know what you are reading but I find the fb group to be a wonderful and amazing place to interact with other March Mommas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Paper napkins .... He tears them to shreds!

2.  Mango-spinach

3. Not STTN these days. He goes through phases.

4. Babbling and saying mamamama

5. He has moved on from exploring our mouths to our eyes... He grabs my lashes, lid, etc.

6. Yes... I have barely posted, but lurked here since that positive pregnancy test, but I really would like to use this as a resource for exchanging info, support and gripes. 

Charlie: Wowing the Masses with His Adorableness Since March 16, 2011 http://operationicingonthecake.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"