North Carolina Babies

Rewards & potty training

We are currently giving R an M&M or sticker every time she goes pee pee on the potty.  She had a little "accident"--a little slipped out and then she realized what was going on and told me she needed to go potty so I put her on the potty and she finished up.

I went ahead and gave her an M&M even though she still got her panties wet.  Am I screwing up by giving her a reward even though she still got her panties wet.  I thought it was great that she realized it and then told me.  But I don't want to keep having to reward her for wet panties...not a trend I wanna start.

What are your thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rewards & potty training

• I don't think you're screwing up by rewarding her even if she has a little accident. I think that realizing what's happening and stopping must be pretty difficult, so it seems appropriate to reward her. When DS was potty training, we often gave him a reward if he sat on the potty, even if he didn't go. He potty trained pretty easily and didn't get upset when we stopped giving rewards.
  • Thanks for the advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with ECU.  Getting any amount in the potty is reason for reward in my book.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think that deserves a reward.  We were doing M&Ms,,, but I've found better success with smarties, because that's what they do at daycare.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"