Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I can't stand my boss! (rant- obviously)

I was getting ready for work this AM, and getting LO ready for MIL's house when I saw blood in her diaper. So I called my boss and told her that I couldn't work because I would be bringing in LO to see a pedi. I'm a nurse at the pedi's office, so she clearly knew I wasn't BSing, because I went there with my kid. She was annoyed and told me that 2 other nurses called out and that 1 would be late- like I have any control over that?? FWIW, this is the 1st time I ever called out because of DD, and the 3rd time in the 1 1/2 years I've been working there.

Turns out LO has a fissure, that I need to use butt paste on and let heal, and if the blood in her stool persists, it may be a milk protein sensitivity. Well, while I was en route, my boss left me a msg saying that they usually don't tell parents to bring their kids in until after a few days of bloody stool, so I should bring DD in tomorrow, so I can work today. Um, I was halfway there already.

When I got there, she told me no fewer than 5x how busy they were- I guess she didn't like having to actually work instead of being on facebook at the nurse's station. After DD was seen and it turns out she was ok, my boss said, "See, I told you. If you would have listened to me, you wouldn't have left me high and dry today". It's unfortunate that other nurses called out today, but I will never apologize for putting my child first.

This is the same peach that is a lactation consultant and harasses me for pumping at work. I need a new job. Rant over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I can't stand my boss! (rant- obviously)

• There are tons of openings for nurses.  You need to get your resume out there stat.  How horrible for a DOCTOR to question you for being concerned for your childs health.  That's the entire reason for being in the field that she's in. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you for pumping at work!  That takes a lot of commitment.  GL with the job situation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBexxy10:
    There are tons of openings for nurses.  You need to get your resume out there stat.  How horrible for a DOCTOR to question you for being concerned for your childs health.  That's the entire reason for being in the field that she's in. 

She's the nurse manager, but still. DD is MY kid, so I get to make the call about whether she needs medical attention or not- not her! And guess what? I'm not going to let my work schedule factor into that decision.

The job market in NY is tough for nurses, but it isn't impossible to find a job. I need to work on that resume ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Um wow....yeah I remember you talking about her being a lactation consultant and giving you crap for pumping.  I don't understand people like this....you are in HEALTHCARE! How can she give you crap for ensuring the HEALTH of your family?  Ugh....

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I were you, i'd call out tomorrow  Stick out tongue  "mental health day" 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBeetleLinz1125:

Um wow....yeah I remember you talking about her being a lactation consultant and giving you crap for pumping.  I don't understand people like this....you are in HEALTHCARE! How can she give you crap for ensuring the HEALTH of your family?  Ugh....

Dude I don't like your boss. I hope someone pees in her cheerios today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechangingnames:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:

Um wow....yeah I remember you talking about her being a lactation consultant and giving you crap for pumping.  I don't understand people like this....you are in HEALTHCARE! How can she give you crap for ensuring the HEALTH of your family?  Ugh....

Dude I don't like your boss. I hope someone pees in her cheerios today.

LMAO!! Thanks, I really needed that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"