Health & Exercise

Running with Carseat Adapter BOB...Safe this early?

From what I have read I was under the impression that you shouldnt run with the baby at all until 6 months? I have seen on here that some people run with the carseat adapter much earlier...is this safe to do?  I would love to take LO on runs with my double Bob but have been waiting only taking my 2 year old because I thought that it was unsafe this early and to wait until 6 months? She has decent head control now...I was just concerned about bumps..etc.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Running with Carseat Adapter BOB...Safe this early?

• Everybody has a different opinion on post partum running. I had the blessing of my OB as well as the pediatrician so I started at three weeks. I have been running inside on a track as I don't want to expose DD to the elements and the track provides a smoother ride.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I run with my 3 month old in the car seat adapter. Granted, I run about a 12 minute mile and I only take her on smooth,paved surfaces, but she does great. I just make sure she is strapped in tightly and I have the red safety strap taunt as well. I have been walking with her since the beginning and began jogging when she was about 9 weeks old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejuly29bride:
    From what I have read I was under the impression that you shouldnt run with the baby at all until 6 months?

6 months is the recommendation. Audrey's first pedi said sooner would be OK on a track, since it is smooth. But her pedi isn't the parent. I am. I choose to not take a chance. Some babies may have strong enough neck muscles at 4 months, and some may not. Her pedi didn't even look at her neck. MD's are about numbers. Statistically the majority of babies should be fine. But, again, I'm not taking a chance. It's IMHO. I don't judge other Mommas at all. It is very much a personal choice. If you feel like there isn't a possibility of harming your LO, then go for it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started running with DD2 in her car seat at 6 weeks pp.  I ran on smooth surfaces and she was fine.  Just make sure that she is strapped into her car seat properly and that the car seat is strapped to the BOB tightly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I started running with DD using the BOB car seat adapter when she was 8 weeks old. We stayed on smooth, paved roads, and I put an extra rolled blanket around her for support. Her head is still attached and her neck works perfectly :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"