Maryland Babies
Options

Old Wives Tales - Gender

I posted this in my May board and then realized they probably don't know the gender....just like me.

What ones do you know? 

I have done the ring test, it says girl.  So does the Chinese gender chart but there are so many different ones.  I am on the border of August and September being my conception month, so it's a little confusing.

Which old wives tales worked for you?

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Old Wives Tales - Gender

• Options
    None, they were all wrong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBillysGrl27:

This.  that is why they are old wives tales, there is absolutely no factual/scientific basis for them.  Besides there is a 50/50 chance, those odds aren't too bad.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The thing that worked best was the amniocentesis. It was definitive.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagemadladybride:
    The thing that worked best was the amniocentesis. It was definitive.

LOL! 

None for us as well. 

• Options
    I think the Chinese Gender Chart was correct, but like pp said, it's a 50/50 shot. All the other "signs" for a girl were opposite (read "wrong") for me. Craving salt, no morning sickness, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Anything that I read would indicate a boy.  I didn't try the ring test or those kind of predictors.  I had 3 dreams from 21ish wks through 37wks (delivery) and all 3 dreams indicated a girl.  Some say when you gain a lot of weight (depends on what you read bc some say the opposite HAHA), it's a girl.  Some say if it's a girl it takes your beauty away from you.  I gained no weight, as in you couldn't tell I was pregnant from behind and I was fairly petite.  I also never had break outs and always looked fine and like my normal self.  I had a girl.

• Options

LO # 1- Ring test incorrectly said boy, Fetal heartbeat correctly said girl.

One or the other would have been right.  LOL

LO # 2- Fetal heart beats have been 170 and 158, so that seems to indicate another girl.  I haven't tried the ring test this time around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Bwahahahahhahahaha @ madlady. :)

None of them worked for us.  I guess the ring test was right (said boy for DS), but the HB was all wrong.  The ring test predicted girl for this one; guess we'll see in ~12ish weeks (and FWIW, this one's HB is completely opposite DS's - he was always really high, this one is consistently in the 130s-140s).

It's all a 50/50 shot.

• Options
    Every one I did said something different...and I took one of those OWT quizzes and it said "You're having a....BABY!"(50% chance of girl and 50% chance of boy...huh, shocker.) I would say generally most people thought I was having a boy based off of my symptoms, but I had a few people who were POSITIVE it was a girl. They were right.
  • Options
    I'm split down the middle for OWT's....  We'll have to see in January.  
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options

I was split right down the middle in terms of OWTs.

The Chinese gender chart said I was having a girl and that was correct.

Even though EVERYONE told me I was having a boy, deep down, from the very beginning, I knew it was a girl.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options

imageBillysGrl27:

Same here....all of them pointed to boy - I had a girl.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"