Military Families

Ft. Hood housing

Does anyone have any opinions on Pershing Park?  I've been to forthoodfh.com and the website doesn't have any floor plans and only has one picture of the outside. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ft. Hood housing

• I had a friend in that area and she said it was ok. Ft Hood housing is not gonna be great, no matter where you go. It's better than some of the apartments off post though.
  • Yeah, that's pretty much what my H has heard. Thanks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Pershing is one of old older housing sections and is located with the main post. If I remember correctly it is on the east side of post. If your DH is getting assigned with 1CAV, he will be working on the west side of post and the drive will be about 15-20 min before/after PT and after work. If he is one of the units on the east side of post, it should be good.
  • My h does work on the west side. He is deployed now and I am at my parents unto he comes back. Before he was deployed we lived off post and the commute was about 30 min before/after pt and after work. We of course were hoping for something inside the main gate and closer to his office but no dice! 
  • We live there now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKandT0919:
    We live there now!

Do you like it?  We will be there soon, this will be our first on post home and I'm really nervous/excited!

• It's our first time at a base too but I like it so far.. I work at a high school close to post and it's easy for us to get on and off post.. My hubby works on the other side of the base too but it takes him about 15 minutes to get to work..
  • imagerailroadmommy:
    I had a friend in that area and she said it was ok. Ft Hood housing is not gonna be great, no matter where you go. It's better than some of the apartments off post though.

They've done some upgrades and build some knew housing at Ft Hood in the past couple of years, so it is getting better there.

Not that it was ever horrible.  I think the housing at Ft Hood is nice enough to live with.

Married August 23, 2008!

My little angel RIP August 12, 2010 - September 5, 2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"