Food Allergy
Options

Those on Neocate..need help!

Doctor prescribed Neocate to us this morning at our appt.  DD just has not been doing well on my soy/dairy free diet...

Just tried our first bottle.  She took an ounce...then acted as if she was going to throw up.  Well, I waited about 10 minutes, then tried again.  Same gagging face, then 1 minute later, she threw up.  ?  Do I just keep trying? Or what? 

Help!  I guess she'll finally take it after a while right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those on Neocate..need help!

• Options

She may just have to get used to it.  It does taste pretty terrible.  I am not sure how old your lo is, but can they have the flavored kind? 

It took DS a little while to get used to it when we switched as well.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS did this at first with his Elecare. The nutritionist that works with our GI told us to add vanilla falvored Elecare to the bottle (in the correct ratio) and it helped him to get used to it. Now we're slowly tapering off the vanilla now that he's used to formula since it's really for 1+ year olds.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO hates neocate.  We are using it as supplement, so mostly we get by with breastmilk.  When we have used neocate for supplementation, LO throws a complete fit.  Refuses to have it.  I was thinking about asking if I can add some sort of flavor to it...our LO threw it up as well. I don't blame him, it smells like chlorine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"