2nd Trimester

Can't have soft serve???

I just found out that i cannot have any soft serve ice cream and i've had it quite a few times so far......freaking out!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can't have soft serve???

• Why can't you have soft serve?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • That's bull.

The deal is that dirty ice cream making equipment can harbor listeria.

Don't freak out.  I lived on DQ and other soft serves during my last pregnancy and this one too.

• Loading the player...
  • Relax.  First of all, there's no such thing as things you "can't" have.  Soft serve is one of those things that some people get crazy about because yes, if the place doesn't clean their machines well there's a chance of listeria bacteria.  But really, at the end of the day, there's a chance you could get sick any time you eat out if they don't follow procedure.  If you ate it and aren't sick don't worry.  If you feel like you shouldn't eat it again, that's your decision but don't worry about what's already done.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I've heard that too, it's the whole "the machine if not cleaned properly may harbor listeria".  But as long as you go to a reputable place you'll be fine.  I've had it tons during first tri cause it was one of the only things I could keep down and me and baby are fine.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Ridiculous. Yes you can. I had DQ throughout my my pg with DS, and everything was fine. Like PP said, there are things everyday we "aren't supposed to have/do", but really it comes down to common sense. Eat your DQ or froyo and enjoy! :)
  • Oh please.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• oops...

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had a vanilla soft serve and vanilla shake craving with my first pregnancy and NEVER got sick.  Only during my second pregnancy did I hear about this silly rule.
  • That's a load of BS I ate so much DQ when I was pregnant with my DS its not even funny... I lived on it for my whole first trimester because it was the only think that didn't make me sick!

BFP #1 4/2/09 mc 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 Ectopic 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/16/09 Healthy DS 6/21/10 BFP #4 10/1/10 CP BFP #5 8/19/11 EDD 4/29/12 Betas- #1 82.8 8/22 #2 172.7 8/24 #3 494.2 8/26 #4 2657.8 8/29 u/s #1 9/6 yolk sac no fetal pole u/s #2 9/12 measuring 7w1d HR 144BPM Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • lol gooood!!! bc i am addicted to mcd's soft serve! and is it just me or is mcd's crack for pregnant women??? i hated it before i was pregnant, and now i always crave their cheeseburger!!
  • imagetalloshh:
    lol gooood!!! bc i am addicted to mcd's soft serve! and is it just me or is mcd's crack for pregnant women??? i hated it before i was pregnant, and now i always crave their cheeseburger!!

I looooovvee McD's these days :D

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• All this talk about soft serve...I think I'll be houding the hubby to go to fosters freeze tonight!! LOL
  • I have and will if the mood hits me. LOL. You can take precautions, but trying to avoid everything will only have you paranoid your whole pregnancy.
  • Whatevs. I NEED my frozen yogurt and nobody better try to take it away from me!
  • They never told you not to eat cantaloupe or certain bagged salads, and I've heard of far more listeria outbreaks for those than lunch meat, soft serve, or queso. :)
  • imagetalloshh:
    lol gooood!!! bc i am addicted to mcd's soft serve! and is it just me or is mcd's crack for pregnant women??? i hated it before i was pregnant, and now i always crave their cheeseburger!!

Ohh my gosh TOTALLY!!!  In the weeks when my m/s was really bad, a McD's cheeseburger is all I wanted.. also they're chocolate dipped cones are only like .85 and soo good.   

• I think you have a waaaayyyy far greater chance of contracting listeria from your own refrigerator than from a soft serve machine. Enjoy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did your doctor tell you that or did you read it somewhere?  If your doctor said it, then yeah- don't have it.  (I follow my doctor's rules, even if others on the bump say it's fine.).  However, if not, have at it.  DQ, Culvers and all those other good places are a dear friend to me lately!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imagesunnyday016:

imagetalloshh:

I looooovvee McD's these days :D

I have had horrible cravings for McDs with both pregnancies!

• I would not chance it... why dont you try something healthier like a fruit smoothie? 
  • I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you eat it morning, noon & night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejsillyfun:
    Whatevs. I NEED my frozen yogurt and nobody better try to take it away from me!

Amen!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What will they come up with next!? My heavens! :) When "they" come up with these things that are dangerous to women I think the actual danger comes from stressing moms out over nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"