Baby Names
Options

Kinda different... What do you think?

We're playing with B names and we really like Bailey, Brielle, Becca...

But what do you think of Braelyn? Brelyn, Braylin... I don't really know how to spell it... haha! 

What do you think? What spelling would you use? 

Re: Kinda different... What do you think?

• Options

Bailey- If it's for a girl, NO. If it's for a boy, no.

Brielle- NMS but I wouldn't totally side eye it. It just seems like it wouldn't age well. Too cutesy.

Becca- How about Rebecca and you could call her Becca? It just seems like a nn.

Braylin in any spelling is just not good. I strongly dislike all spellings of that name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love Bailey for a girl!! It's on my name list... as a MN.

I don't care for the others though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The only name from your list I like is Becca - but more as a nickname than a full given name.

There aren't many B names I like, but have you thought about Betty, Bridget, Beatrice, Blanche,  Bianca, Babette, Brenna, Bryn, Brooke?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageRobinSparkles214:

Brielle- NMS but I wouldn't totally side eye it. It just seems like it wouldn't age well. Too cutesy.

Braylin in any spelling is just not good. I strongly dislike all spellings of that name.

This +

I think Gabrielle is better with the NN Brielle, but I still like it.

• Options
    It reminds me of Braille. Bethany, Beatrix, Bianca, Blair, Blanche, Bridget?
  • Options
    I like Becca best. I'm sorry, I don't like Braelyn.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options

My favorite of your choices is Brielle.

Braelyn is one of my all-time most hated names. It sounds like the trendy name a donkey would give its offspring.

I love the previous posters' recommendation of Bianca--pretty, feminine, and works for both a little girl and an adult. Is there a particular reason you're set on using the initial B?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Braylin (of any spelling) makes me think of the noise a donkey makes (they bray).  Not a good association.  Bailey is cute though.
  • Options

Bailey is a dogs name or an alcoholic berverage not something i'd want my child named after.

Brielle is eh Gabrielle is beautiful and a full name

Rebecca would be great becca is a nn

You do not know how to spell Brayln because it is a made up name...teen mom style.

• Options

I hate Braelyn and all of it's spellings.  It is a made up name.  I know 2 dogs named Bailey.  Becca is a nn for Rebecca- I like that best!

• Options

Truthfully, I strongly dislike all the B names you have come up with.  Especially Brielle and Braelyn.  Bailey is a dog name to me and Becca just doesn't sound pretty.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No, just NO.  Braylin in any form is just wrong.

Becca is fine as a NN for Rebecca.  Brielle and Bailey are not good either.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

The only name from your list I like is Becca - but more as a nickname than a full given name.

There aren't many B names I like, but have you thought about Betty, Bridget, Beatrice, Blanche,  Bianca, Babette, Brenna, Bryn, Brooke?

This.

Bailey is my dog's name (and several others that I know of)

Braylin is the sound a donkey makes.

Rebecca is pretty. 

• Options

My sister got a pet and wanted to name it Braelyn but it ended up being a boy so she named him Braeland.  I liked that name.  But she definitely made it up, haha.

I think Brielle is pretty.  What about Brianna?  I love Bernadette too. 

• Options

imageCityBee:
    Becca as a NN for Rebecca is the only one I like off your list. Brielle is ok. Bailey is more of a dog's name IMO. The reason you you don't know how to spell Braelyn is because it's not a real name, it's made up.

This.  I suppose I could see Brielle as a nickname for Gabrielle. 

• Options

I'm not a big fan of any of the names that you listed, but especially Braelyn. It's actually not very different--adding "lyn" to the end of sequences of letters is quite trendy and I've seen Braelyn on this board more times than I can count on one hand.

How about Bree or Brynn? I like them a lot more --I think they'll age better. Briana is another option that's NMS, but maybe it's yours? 

• Options
    I say a definite NO to all of these except maybe Becca, but even then only as a nickname for Rebecca.

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagemagsugar13:

Bailey is a dogs name or an alcoholic berverage not something i'd want my child named after.

You do not know how to spell Brayln because it is a made up name...teen mom style.

What she said.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemagsugar13:

I agree.  Gabrielle/Gabriella and Rebecca are great, classic names.

• Options
    imagedollface777:

We're playing with B names and we really like Bailey, Brielle, Becca...

But what do you think of Braelyn? Brelyn, Braylin... I don't really know how to spell it... haha! 

What do you think? What spelling would you use? 

Bailey only for a boy (it's a boy's name, not a girl's name).

Brielle is a little too trendy for me.

I like Becca, short for Rebecca.

Not a fan of the Braylin name, but I'd spell it this way (although, in my younger days, I totally would have gone the Braelyn route).

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

I like Brielle or Becca. As for Bailey, it seems like there are a lot of dogs named Bailey.

I will agree with the others who said Bianca, LOVE that name!

• Options

I love the suggestion of Rebecca or Gabrielle and then using NNs you said above. I also love Bianca as my guilty pleasure name.

If you want to be a bit different and you don't mind using a more religious name, what about Baila/Beyla? DH and I love this name and it is at the top of our girl list. It is a Yiddish name mening "Pure or White" and is not a made up name despite what people may say.

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Options
    The only Braylin I've heard was a boy, so I see it as more of a boys name. I have a nephew Braedon, so I like the ae spelling best. If you love it, use it! I don't think it's a horrible name.
  • Options

imageCityBee:
    Becca as a NN for Rebecca is the only one I like off your list. Brielle is ok. Bailey is more of a dog's name IMO. The reason you you don't know how to spell Braelyn is because it's not a real name, it's made up.

All of this. Word for word.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really dislike Braelyn, or any of the other spellings.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like any of the names on your list.  I especially dislike Bailey and Braelyn - I know this sounds terrible, but Braelyn is honestly a WT name to me.
  • Options
    Don't really care of any of the names on yur list and specially don't care for Braelyn
    Me(30) DH(36) TTC #1 since October 2011 <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options

I like Becca, but really only as nickname for Rebecca. 

Some other B names to consider:

Bree, Betsy (as a nn for Elizabeth), Brynn

• Options

Braelyn (and I would spell it this way) - I dont absolutely hate it, one of the names I've been considering is

Breelyn, just a little different but I think it sounds better.

I like Brielle, its pretty.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Braelyn? Like what a donkey says with "lynn" on the end? Ick!

Bailey is a dog's name to me. I like Becca, but not Brielle.

Brooke, Blythe, Brynn, Brenna, Briar, Brianne, Bronwyn, Beatrice, Beth(any), Bevin, Bettina, Blair

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

I don't like Braelyn spelled any way. I'm not a big fan of Bailey either.

I actually like Becca as a nn for Rebecca and Brielle on its own. I know many here aren't a fan, but Brielle is a nice name in my opinion. 

Other B names to consider:

• Bethany
    • Bronwyn
    • Belle 
    • Brooke
    • Bridgette 
    • Briony
    • Beatrice or Beatrix
    • Bevin 
    "However, she mistook the drowsy-eye/alcohol warning for a winking-eye alcohol suggestion." image
  • Options
    My friend's daughter's name is Braely... I think it's a gorgeous name, haha and I may be a little bias because she is the cutest 8month old ever! I know they got it by combining mom and dad's names, Brandon and Ashley, which I personally thought was tasteless when she told me they were trying to do that, but it came out good! I don't like Braelyn though... and yes that is how I woul dspell it too,it looks stupid the other ways IMO... Bailey is cute, it was on our list but FI thought it was too dull so nixed it, Brielle is pretty and is also on our list, just don'tgo with Briella... it sounds like you forgot the Ga... but I like Brielle, I think it stands on it's own better and I hate Becca, but that's personal name association.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I actually really like Brielle.  The others I don't esp Becca... 
  • Options
    imageRobinSparkles214:

Yup, all this. 

• Options
    I just don't really care for it at all :/ sorry doll. It reminds me of the whole Aidan/Brayden/Hayden/etc. craze for some reason and I can't stand those names. Brielle is my favorite of those you listed; I know you're staying with the B, but I like Rielle better.
    What mama? I'm an artist :)Painting
    -8 months old-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"