TTC After a Loss

Aspirin + blood draw + wussiness = gross

After my RE appt I had to go get 7 tubes of blood drawn. The vein she used in my right arm blew after one tube (probably because I'm on baby aspirin), so I got stuck twice. They also put these super sticky bandaids on my arm.

I am a wuss when it comes to causing myself pain, and I can't rip bandaids off my arms without crying (I know, I know). So I had DH do it. And when he took the one off my right arm, I'm pretty sure he took some skin with it.

Gross PIP: The red area on the left is from the blood draw, and the area in the middle is where my skin used to live before it wound up on the underside of a bandaid. :(

Next time, I'll take my bandaids off in the shower like I usually do. :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!

Re: Aspirin + blood draw + wussiness = gross

• Oh, you poor thing! My heart rate leaps every time I have to have blood drawn, I get so nervous. Hopefully DH is being kind.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy wounds!!! Girl, no more ripping off band-aids. Your skin can't take it. OUCH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ouch! that looks like it hurt! I am a wuss too and look away everytime even though I've watched hundreds of live surgery and it doesn't bother me..only when its myself!

hope all of this blood results in the answers you need and is worth it!

BFP #3 11/27/11, EDD 8/3/12 BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 8/1/11, Natural MC 8/12/11 6 weeks
    BFP #2 9/25/11, Natural MC 10/3/11 6 weeks

• OUCH! The things we go through...yesterday, I had to give 11 vials of blood. Even the lab tech was like "whoa, are you going to be okay with me taking this much blood?!".

Hope you heal fast!

Missed miscarriage D&C May 2011, Missed miscarriage D&C October 2011 Expecting a baby girl in 2013!
  • Ugh blood tests suck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebesoul:

OUCH! The things we go through...yesterday, I had to give 11 vials of blood. Even the lab tech was like "whoa, are you going to be okay with me taking this much blood?!".

Hope you heal fast!

11 vials? That stinks. The lab tech kept asking if I was okay too, LOL.

My arm looks even worse this morning because now it's bruising too. People at work tomorrow are going to think I started using heroin or something. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Ouch!  I didn't let them use bandaids on me when I had weekly draws after my loss.  I'm not allergic to latex, but I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to the adhesive, since I always end up with a bandaid-shaped rash when I take them off (but latex gloves don't bother me).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"