Food Allergy
Options

Ice cream without eggs?

I'm just now becoming aware of how many brands of ice cream have egg in them! Like, every tub I looked at at the grocery store. Has anyone found a decent one that doesn't? My egg-allergic son doesn't eat a lot of sweet treats, but I'd like for him to get to eat ice cream with his birthday cake.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ice cream without eggs?

• Options
    Yeah, we are in the same boat. I just skipped the icecream for my son's first birthday, but there are some wonderful varieties of ice creams made from coconut milk and soy that are egg free. One brand is So Delicious. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think Bryers is egg free.  And maybe Ben and Jerrys?  So Delicious coconut ice cream is egg and dairy free. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a total fan of the So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream. I tried almost all the substitutes when I was Bfing and eliminating dairy (suspected MPI). This was by far the best.
  • Options
    i second "so delicious".. it's milk/soy/egg/nut free (some have soy).. and they taste pretty good.  There are many types of brands that are vegan ice cream which are only milk/egg free.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I was label reading for quite awhile, and all the major brands (Breyers, Edys, Turkey Hill and even the store brand) had at least egg yolk. I only looked at the real deals, though. I didn't get into the "lite" and "fat free" and such or any frozen yogurt or sorbet. When we go out for ice cream, we usually just get him strawberry ice. I may go that route for him. Or get a Dairy Queen cake. He's had that before. It doesn't have eggs.
  • Options

Breyers Vanilla does NOT have egg only: Milk, Cream, Sugar, Natural Tara Gum, Natural Vanilla Flavor.

https://www.breyers.com/products/Original/Natural-Vanilla.aspx

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh sweet! THANKS, QtGinaJ and briderx! I must have looked at something different!
  • Options
    I have actually found that most of the ice creams sold in the supermarket don't have egg in them.  You have to look at each flavor though - usually french vanilla has eggs and things like cookies and cream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"