Infertility Veterans
Options

keurig users - please come in

i don't drink coffee at all and am sick of DH making huge pots for 1 cup of coffee, so, i want to get him a keurig but have read and heard lots of mixed reviews.  my friend is on her third one because she keeps having problems

if you have one please answer the following questions

1.  which model do you have?

2.  what do you like about it?  what do you hate?

3.  have you had any problems with it?  was it a hassle getting it fixed or replaced?

4.  do you have the thingy (don't know the term) that allows you to use your own coffee instead of k-cups?  have you had any problems with it?

5.  anything else you think i need to know?

thanks cuties

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: keurig users - please come in

• Options

We don't have one at home because I just really started drinking coffee and DH is always at the office so early in the morning that he just gets his coffee there. But we do have (two) at work and I loooove them. One is the large business/corporate model and the other is just a home model.

They've never had problems with either. I honestly haven't really heard of people having many issues with them, and I know quite a few people who have one. 

I think we may be getting one soon :) 

I love that my coffee/tea/hot cocoa/apple cider is made in like 10 seconds. Awesome. 

And it is so easy..no measuring, pouring water, waiting, etc. Perfection :) 

You should get some of the Ghirardelli hot cocoa packets for you...heaven.on.earth!!

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options

I really want this one. It's ALWAYS on sale at Kohls and you can get it online with a 30% off and even the $10 back when you spend $50. It will be a real deal then. It's usually $199, like now, once you add it to the cart.

You can Google to get a 30%. I don't even drink coffee and tea only when I am sick, so I think it would make me drink way more than I do with sugar and cream so I haven't gotten one yet. Eventually though.

I have heard lots of good things about it, several friends have it and it comes with the cup you make yourself. I just saw one of the trees at BBB on clerance, but didnt get it.

Costco has the k-cups on sale, huge boxes. Other places will have lots of deals for the holidays.

https://www.kohls.com/upgrade/checkout/shopping_cart.jsp

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the medium level one. I use the coupons from bb and beyond for k cups. I just buy those, not the my k cup thingee-where you put your own coffee in the k cup. I love it! I saw qvc had.a deal on keurig yesterday. I want to try the apple cider!
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SS-700-Single-Brewing-System/dp/B0034J6QIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320105663&sr=8-1

2.  Love it! Can't think of anything I hate except that maybe the pods are a little pricey.  It is so nice not to make a pot at a time and each get to have our own flavors.  When I was pregnant I would use it for hot choc., decaf occasionally, tea, etc.  Now I do mocha most days and DH likes plain coffee.

3.) No problems with it...Got it last year for x-mas.

4.  Yes there is a plastic cup thing it comes with and you can add your own coffee to it.  I have never used that but I know DH has multiple times and never had issues.

5.  I highly recommend it!  Edit - The ONLY issue I have with it, is that it does take up a decent amount of counter space.  Worth it though IMHO.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

My hubby LOVES his Keurig and although I don't drink coffee, I love it too because like you said he doesn't have to make a pot full of coffee for a couple cups of coffee. 

The model is the Keurig Elite Brewing System.  We haven't had any problems with it and we have had it for at least three years.  It does allow us to use other pods and like I said, we haven't had any problems with it.  

You can also use keuring teas and/or just use hot water for hot chocolate or your own teas and stuff like that.  

Hope that helps.  

My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
  • Options

1.  which model do you have? We have this one, got it at Costco for $150 which was a pretty good deal since it comes with the cup to use your own coffee as well as a variety pack of 60 k-cups, which is good to let you sample and find out which ones you like.  It is the higher model, lets you choose between 5 different sizes to vary strength/volume of your cup and lets you set up a time for it to already be pre-heated and ready to go.  It also has a really big water reservoir.

2.  what do you like about it?  what do you hate?  I don't drink coffee at all either, but use ours for hot cocoa, tea, and hot apple cider... will probably try some cappuccino at some point.  I love that it's so easy to use.  No more pots of coffee gone to waste.  And it's convenient just for hot water to use in oatmeal, etc. 

3.  have you had any problems with it?  was it a hassle getting it fixed or replaced?  No problems so far, we got it in August.

4.  do you have the thingy (don't know the term) that allows you to use your own coffee instead of k-cups?  have you had any problems with it?  It comes with the one we bought at Costco, though DH hasn't used it yet.

5.  anything else you think i need to know? Make sure you register your machine on the Keurig website and you can get 2 boxes of K-cups free when you buy 2 boxes... I googled for a promo code too and we ended up getting a ton of different K-cups really cheaply! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have this one: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=118327

It is the Kuerig Special Edition, and I love it! I got it over 2 years ago from BBB with coupons and have never had a problem! I love everything about it. The only thing that sucks is that the K-cups are expensive, but it beats wasting a whole pot of coffee that no one drinks. I don't have the "thingy" that goes inside, but I know what you are talking about. Personally, I think that defeats the purpose of have the Kuerig. BBB also has a great selection of K-cups. It is totally worth the investment! :)

Diagnosis: MFI and Egg Quality Issues IVF#1-October-BFN ER-16 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2transferred and no frozen IVF#2- March-Beta 3/19 ER- 12 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2 transferred and 1 frozen-BFN. IVF#3 July ER-19 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. PGD results-4 out of 5 embryos are normal and will be banked. IVF#4 Sept 11' 22 eggs, 16 mature, 15 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. Total normal embryos banked, quality varies: FET-Nov 11'-BFP Beta #1: 156, Beta #2: 489 First u/s revealed TWINS!! 2nd u/s= 2 beautiful heartbeats! 12/17 Lost one of the twins :(BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for asking about these.  I've been thinking about getting one too.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

• Options

I have one and love it although it does leak water out the blue every now and again nothing major other than that. However it has been through two military moves and they are not that delicate in moving items :0(

• Options

Hi!! I hope its ok that i post here!! I am mainly on IF but i lurk here too! Smile

I have a Keurig and LOVE it so i want to be an advocate!!

1. which model do you have?

My wonderful brother bought me ours for my birthday in June 2009 so there werent as many options back then... I think it was the "elite" though.

2. what do you like about it? what do you hate?

I LOVE it!! I love that we can each make whichever type of coffee we want. My DH loves flavored coffee, me not so much, so we can each make our own. The only thing that I don't like is that it is kind of loud, but the loudness is very brief so I wouldn't say I "hate" it.

3. have you had any problems with it? was it a hassle getting it fixed or replaced?

We have had ours for about 2 and a half years and have never had a problem. We use it about 2-4 times per day, everyday and have never had an issue so I don't know if it is a hassle getting it fixed.

4. do you have the thingy (don't know the term) that allows you to use your own coffee instead of k-cups? have you had any problems with it?

Yes! I used to use it alot more frequently when the k-cups werent as readily available. It was nice to know I could always throw in some folgers if I ran out of k-cups. It is a bit messy when you clean it out, but it is easy to use.

5. anything else you think i need to know?

hmm... just that we usually get our k-cups at bj's wholesale club... you can get an 80 count box of awesome coffee for about $30 which is much cheaper than buying the 18 count boxes you can buy at the grocery store.  I also think the Keurig is nice because you can each make whatever you want. They have so many different varities of k-cups now too, if you don't like coffee you can make hot chocolate or tea too! Also when i am trying to watch my caffeine I can make one cup of decaf and not have to brew a whole pot of it.

I love crazy kitchen gadgets!! I also have and love a sodastream and ninja too!! I hope this helps. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We LOVE our keurig. It was my splurge right after we lost the boys last year.

We use it tons and it's great for us and all the company we have for ski weekends. I love that we can make everyone what they want so quickly.Amazon usually has the best prices on k cups

We have the costco model. I don't know which one. It does clog sometimes but we just keep a paperclip nearby and stick the end in the pointy parts where the cups go when it clogs. Also if you just run water through by itself like once a week it helps too.

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"