1st Trimester
Options

Just need to vent...

We went for a doctor's appointment at 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat but couldnt, So I went today at 12w 3d and still no heartbeat with the doppler.  From what I read, I shouldnt be concerned and im just looking forward to the ultrasound on Wednesday.  My b/f was there for the 10w appointment and was really disapointed we couldnt hear it but for the 12w one he had to go out of town for a funeral and when I told him that our little one is sneaky and we'll have to wait to see him/her, he told me he had lost hope!!!! I couldnt believe it! I know he's in a bad place after loosing his uncle this past week and he has gone through a miscarriage before at 12w with an ex.......But really?! 4000 miles away and thats what he decides is a good responce. Naturally I was a little disapointed that I didnt hear the heartbeat today too....But ive never lost hope in this pregnancy.  My symptoms have faded to almost nothing but I have not had any cramping or bleeding, I feel like baby is doing just fine.

He can be so stupid sometimes!! UGH!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Just need to vent...

• Options

I'm assuming that since you didn't mention it, you've never had a miscarriage yourself. Try not to be too upset with your BF. Going through a miscarriage is traumatic, and it makes you paranoid and gun-shy. I've suffered losses myself, and if I hadn't heard the heartbeat by 12 weeks and had not had an ultrasound either I'd be having a total meltdown.

I admire that you are so positive. I am sure all is well, I'm just saying try to cut the man a little slack.  Big Smile

• Options

Aw honey. I'm sure he hasn't truly lost hope! He definitely chose the wrong words, but he's probably just upset because he really wants the reassurance. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's true, I have not gone through a miscarriage...I can imagine I would be a little gun shy.  I was a little upset at the time, but I wasn't going to worry him by being negative....But that didnt work.  He is well aware that he should of chose better words but I wont hold it over him, Im sure it wont be the last time he does it Confused Poor guy is a wreck right now...I just hope we get to see a h&h little monster kicking around and he can relax a little.
  • Options
    I just wanted to give you hope - my little one couldn't be found on the doppler until my 14w appointment.  GL on Wednesday:)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

dopplers can be tricky. I have had a hard time finding a pulse on a clearly living creature ( I'm a vet tech... we use dopplers when we measure blood pressure) It's probably all ok, but I can understand the anxiety.

"Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :)
  • Options

boys are stupid.

your dr must not be too concerned or they would be monitoring your betas?  wishing you well..

praying for a miracle ..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"