May 2011 Moms

Too soon to be thinking of Christmas pics?

Halloween pictures were all so cute, I can't wait to see all the babies in their Christmas outfits..

Been lurking Pinterest to get some ideas for some cute/creative photos...anyone else come across some fun ideas?

Ideas so far:

Re: Too soon to be thinking of Christmas pics?

• Definitely NOT too early! Especially if you want to send Christmas cards with pictures on them. Gotta make sure you can send them out before Christmas!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ok im not a real big fan of the babies in pumpkin pictures but THAT baby and THAT picture. is adorable.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepinkflipflops44:
    ok im not a real big fan of the babies in pumpkin pictures but THAT baby and THAT picture. is adorable.

Yes Aww thanks!  I definitely feel like a paparazzi when it comes to the baby...how did I get this way? LOL

If anyone comes across some other good ideas, post em!

• I was going to start practicing Christmas pics today. Mostly so I can get a good deal on photo cards. I love pinterest Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a shoot about a week ago with christmas lights.  I only have a cheap point and shoot, so the lights arent really glowing, but I got a couple cute shots that we'll use for a christmas card.  I should order those today.  I think I'll get one of the ones off etsy where they send you the file and you print them where you want. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm already thinking about first birthday parties so if it's too early to think about Christmas pictures I am in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!

I think I want to get a family picture and do cheesy Christmas cards!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've seen those on Pinterest but I'm hoping more cute ideas will appear in the next month. I don't want to take her pic until later because I want the card to be as close to her true age as possible because I am weird. So I'm thinking about it. Maybe we would take Christmas shots when we get her 6 month pics mid-November. Do you like this stream of consciousness?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FRICKIN' CUTE!!!

No, DH and I were talking about it the other day. I have to get cracking on at least scheduling them, so I can get them printed, addressed, etc.  

• It's never too early to be thinking about Christmas Wink

We had family pics taken a few weeks ago and I'm using those for our Christmas cards. I like the little Christmas pics, but I think I'll save those for when she's bigger next year.

• I have already started working on Christmas photos. I can't wait to send them out! 

I just want to add that you shouldn't let LO stick the string lights in their mouth. After they play with lights, wash their hands. I am not saying don't do it, just be  careful! There is lead on them. 

• There was a LivingSocial deal a month or so ago in my area where a local photographer was offereing a shoot called "Santa Experience" and the example pic was two little babies sitting there at Santa's feet, holding red christmas beads they were pulling out of a big present/box with Santa there helping them. 

It was $49 for the deal and you got a bunch of different sized prints and stuff as part of the package, but I thought the whole concept was really cute!  Might call the photographer and see what this would cost regularly since I missed the deal...

• I've "pinned" those 2 pix as well op!  Definitely not too early!

I've been trying to figure out our outfits for pictures lately.  We are going to do a family pic when we get her 6 mo pix done mid September. 

I'm also searching for cute photos like that b/c I'm going to do a personalized calendar using pix of her in something/with props representing each month & give them as gifts to her grandparents.  I'm trying to find outfits & props soon so I can start on it!

Here is a cute one...image

• I'm a Total NERD:

I bought this sweater for me https://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tommy-hilfiger-sweater-short-sleeve-fair-isle-cardigan?ID=602429&CategoryID=260&LinkType=PDPZ1

and this for LO https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=45887&vid=1&pid=876254

and DH is wearing all grey. I think we will go to picture people and get family photos soon.

I love the baby with the lights, but I think it can look kinda strange if not done exactly like the one above. I don't want people to see my card and think, "wow she lets her LO play with xmas lights" ....so I'll be doing the present one for sure!

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• I think it was someone on the FB group who posted a picture where they had the baby laying down with white christmas lights behind him/her....and they put the lights under a sheet (or pillow case) to soften the glow.  It was a really good idea and it turned out great.
  • Never too soon!  We're doing pictures in my mom's studio this month, and I just saw her Christmas set.  I'm super excited.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:
    Never too soon!  We're doing pictures in my mom's studio this month, and I just saw her Christmas set.  I'm super excited.

Family or just baby (or both)?  I definitely want to do some family pictures but I don't want to get too cheesy. 

• imageRaquellyo:

imagekacelle:
    Never too soon!  We're doing pictures in my mom's studio this month, and I just saw her Christmas set.  I'm super excited.

Family or just baby (or both)?  I definitely want to do some family pictures but I don't want to get too cheesy. 

We're doing both!  We'll do more formal family pictures and cute baby pictures.  I have the first picture in your OP pinned to maybe recreate.  Otherwise, we might let her play with Christmas lights or something. 

ETA:  I just looked back at the OP, and the second baby is playing with lights.  So yeah, those are two options we're considering.  Haha. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:
    imageRaquellyo:

imagekacelle:

We're doing both!  We'll do more formal family pictures and cute baby pictures.  I have the first picture in your OP pinned to maybe recreate.  Otherwise, we might let her play with Christmas lights or something. 

ETA:  I just looked back at the OP, and the second baby is playing with lights.  So yeah, those are two options we're considering.  Haha. 

Haha Yes Hope you'll share once they're done  :)

• I usually don't think of Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I've already ordered his outfit for photos this year. The local no-kill animal shelter does photos with Santa as a fundraiser and it's on Nov 12 so we already need to be prepared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"