Trying to Get Pregnant

When should we start worrying???

Me and my husband are TTC. I went off of bc 9 months ago. We started tracking with a ovulation kit 4 months ago. I'm wondering when we should start worrying, or when we should go talk with a MD about it. There are some family history on my side of the woman taking awhile to get pregnant, so I'm not sure if I should take that into consideration or not. Any answers, opinons or advise would be great. Thanks :)

Off bc since 2/11. Started opk's on7/11. Temping since 1/12. DH SA= Normal :)HSG was normal. 4th cycle of Letrozole 5mg daily. 3 failed iui's. Had 4th one done, fx for 12/18. :) 1st BFP 12/15/12 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When should we start worrying???

• someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i think it is still considered normal to take at least a year to get pregnant. I know that can feel like a really long time, but it doesnt necessarily mean there is anything wrong with you to worry about. Good luck to you and your DH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • General rule is 6 cycles if you are over 35, 1 year if under. I would start charting your basal body temp in addition to using ovulation predictor tests.  Most here use Fertility Friend to track the temps, and they have great tutorials. You can click on anyone's ticker or just go to fertilityfriend.com to make an account and read up.

Lots of good info in the newbie link :https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

• I suggest charting (use a BBT to take your temp in the morning since taking a test with a kit can not guarantee you are going to ovulate only a temp spike with pin point.) and it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! It is not recommended to go to a doctor until after a year for active TTC (if you are over 35, then after 6 months). The OPK are ok, but many on here (myself included) would suggest adding temp tracking as well since that is really the only way you will be able to confirm that you have ovulated (and get a better idea about your cycle patterns). Also, this like has a lot of great information: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As other have said, it can take up to a year for a normal couple to conceive.  You just came off BC 9 months ago.  For all you know, your body is still trying to regulate itself.

I highly suggest charting so you can confirm ovulation. OPKs do not confirm, they just tell you your body is gearing up to O.  Your body can gear up to O and then not O.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the tips. The links really helped a lot. I'm going to start charting with this new cycle. Wishing and hoping for the best!!Big Smile
    Off bc since 2/11. Started opk's on7/11. Temping since 1/12. DH SA= Normal :)HSG was normal. 4th cycle of Letrozole 5mg daily. 3 failed iui's. Had 4th one done, fx for 12/18. :) 1st BFP 12/15/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck to you. Wait to see the doctor for one year. 
    Lucky Cycle 13 image Can I get a bump? "If I had the chance I'd fight every single one of u *** dumpsters. All at once too and I'd take down every one of u wh***bags...screw the bump bunch of p***ies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chow on my @SS." - Roxianne17 "Would you like some tampons to go with your b*tchy posts?" - NickAndJess7
  • imagekarlie87:
    Thanks everyone for the tips. The links really helped a lot. I'm going to start charting with this new cycle. Wishing and hoping for the best!!Big Smile
    I love that this was your response. I've seen so many instances of people arguing that because they've been off BC for 9 months that there must be a problem, and they dont need to chart. Bravo for taking the suggestion with grace! Good luck on your TTC journey!
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"