June 2012 Moms

The m/s has hit!

Just a little vent... I am six weeks today and yesterday was the first day I felt really nauseous. I ate cereal for dinner last night and today for lunch. Nothing else sounds appealing at all. Ugh! I hope it doesn't get too bad. (vent over)

Any suggestions on how to feel better?

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: The m/s has hit!

• I've been sick for at least a week already... ginger tea ( even tho it smells nasty) and peppermint tea help me. Also small meals throughout the day... that's what has worked for me...hopefully you find that for you!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh...I did not have m/s last time, but I do now.  I am 6w4d and it started about a week ago.  Nothing makes me feel better but eating carbs...YIKES!  Going to try the peppermint tea thing though, thanks for the suggestion.  DH packs my lunch and I almost lost it just looking at my PB & J.  Weird thing is stuff I have never tried makes me ill...Steak Ums commercials, the papaya my DH brought home and so on.  I teach, so I keep thinking...."Will my students notice if while at my desk, I lean over and puke in my trash can." 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 6 weeks 3 days and it hit me yesterday like a ton of bricks. I had felt nasueous the last week or so, but mostly at night time. Now it is morning noon and nightSad Just eat when you can. I drink peppermint tea and it helps a little, so it might be worth a try.
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • I'm 6w3d and have started to also get nauseous in the morning. The only thing that seems to work for me is saltines and sometimes I'll even sip a flat ginger ale in the morning--I'm not much of a soda drinker but it's caffeine free and it seems to do the trick Big Smile

• imagemichyme123:

Lurker...

Aww sorry to hear! I hope you feel better soon and baby cuts you some slack and you don't get too sick!

Ps. saltines and ginger ale as others suggested!

Michyme!!! I love seeing you! Thanks for the suggestions!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Ask your doc about taking B-6 vitamins. This really helped me more than anything!
    Anniversary
    BFP 7/6/11 Natural m/c 7/20/11 @ 6w2d
    BFP 9/25/11 Grow baby grow!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't had morning sickness yet (knock on wood), but my friend had it and she bought Preggie Pops (I think that's what they are called).  They have different flavors, but all have real ginger in them.  She said it took her a couple times to get used to the flavors, but that they really did help cut back on her queasiness/sickness.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine hit at 6w on the dot so it's been 2 weeks of trying to find what works best. Pretzels really help me on an empty stomach - and then small (really small - like half a bagel) meals every 2 hours or so.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I got sick for the first time yesterday morning following a couple days of just general queasiness.... And also started my prenatals yesterday. Its only been a day but the vitamins have helped me feel SO much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"