Maine Babies

Getting to know you.....

I love these and after Melsie's post I figured I'd start one.?

What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):

How old are you?

How old is DC?

SAHM or Working Mom?

Any pets?

How did the pets handle dc coming home?

Did everyone adjust well?

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now??

Re: Getting to know you.....

• 1. Jennifer

2. 31

3. 2 months old today

4. SAHM. We decided I would stay home with our kids. I am a CPA (forensic accountant) by trade.

5. 2 dogs & 3 cats

6. The cats could've cared less. The dogs were very excited.

7. The cats definitely have. The dogs are definitely feeling a little neglected. I know they're bored because we don't go to the dog park everyday like we used to.

8. I would've arranged for someone to take them to the park more often. But we didn't/don't have the budget for that. ?

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Laura

How old are you? 31

How old is DC? 5 weeks

SAHM or Working Mom? Back to work Dec 15th :(

Any pets? Yes - our Yorkie named Bug!

How did the pets handle dc coming home? Actually much better than we expected.  He sniffed her, licked her face, and that was about it.  Now he is pretty much ignoring her - except when she has a meltdown and then he leaves the room! LOL

Did everyone adjust well? Yes!

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Not really.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • FUN!

What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Meghan

How old are you? 27

How old is DC? Almost 3 months! Time flies!

SAHM or Working Mom? Working Mom who wishes she was SAHM

Any pets? One yellow lab and one orange cat

How did the pets handle dc coming home? My dog could care less and my cat likes to sniff her

Did everyone adjust well? Took my DH awhile to adjust to things not being about him and lack of free time. I had a hard time accepting this and didn't let him make excuses. You had 9 months (ok 7 months plus one month of her being in the NICU!) to adjust to the idea, dont feel sorry for you!

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Nope, not at all!

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):Sarah

How old are you?Just turned 28

How old is DC? One month, one week

SAHM or Working Mom? working mom (in January)

Any pets? 2 cats and a dog

How did the pets handle dc coming home?Cats kept their distance.  Scout just wanted to lick her head - he still does.

Did everyone adjust well?  the animals could care less.  Buddy is probably mad that I keep kicking him off the changing table to change Avery

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  not really.  I wish I had more time to play with scout

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Rachel

How old are you?  24

How old is DC?  1w4d

SAHM or Working Mom?  SAHM

Any pets?  No

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  n/a

Did everyone adjust well?  DS is still getting used to the change... every day is a little bit better, mostly...

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  n/a

• I love these and after Melsie's post I figured I'd start one. 

What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Jill Marie

How old are you? 30 farking 8 years old.

How old is DC? just 3, and just 18 months.

SAHM or Working Mom? BOTH!  Patient load way down-I don't think I could handle full time right now.

Any pets? 2 Jack Russell "Terrorists"

How did the pets handle dc coming home? Well.

Did everyone adjust well? Heck no!  We are still adjusting.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Well, no.  We love them, but it is hard to deal with travel etc. with them.  We are learning to use the kennel more for our sanity, and they are ok as long as they are together...

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Tina

How old are you? 29

How old is DC? 4mo

SAHM or Working Mom? WAHM

Any pets? 2 cats

How did the pets handle dc coming home? no biggie

Did everyone adjust well? fairly well.  i still really miss my sleep

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  naw

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): ShawnaHow old are you? 28How old is DC? 9 weeksSAHM or Working Mom? SAHM and schoolAny pets? 1 cat, about to get another kittyHow did the pets handle dc coming home? she is a good big sister, we had another cat, but she didn't adjust well so she lives with my mom now.Did everyone adjust well? so far, so goodIs there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? nope
  • What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Renee

How old are you?  27

How old is DC?  Almost 4 months

SAHM or Working Mom?  SAHM, but I work 20-25 hours per week from home 

Any pets?  Geneva, our rescue dog.   

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  She didn't mind the baby but wouldn't have anything to do with me for almost a month.  She was mistreated and shot previously and has trust issues...poor thing thought I'd abandoned her even though my mom stayed at our house to take care of her. 

Did everyone adjust well?  I think so.  I'm the one that has had to adjust the most, I think.  DD is a little on the high needs side and hates all of the things I thought she'd like or we'd be able to do (baby-wearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, schedules, dairy for me, etc.).  I also miss going into the office (though we don't want to leave DD with anyone except my mom).  Going in for a few hours once a week would be good for me, I think.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  I don't think we could have done anything differently except let her see us leave with bags.  We went to a doctors appointment (sans bags) and just didn't come home.  Hopefully next time will be different. 

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Stacy

How old are you? 37

How old is DC? 5-1/2 months

SAHM or Working Mom? WAHM

Any pets? 2 cats

How did the pets handle dc coming home? they were fine

Did everyone adjust well? yep

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  nothing

• How old are you? 34

How old is DC? 1 month tomorrow

SAHM or Working Mom?  Working Mom (back Jan 12)

Any pets?  2 black lab mixes

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  After the initial meet and greet my older dog peed all over our bed and my younger dog pooped on it (all in the same night).  Since then they have been great!  I love that when I feed her in the middle of the night in our bed, my older dog comes and puts her head on my lap and just watches Gianna.  They also come get me if she starts to cry in another part of the house.  So cute!

Did everyone adjust well? With the dogs - yup!  With me...I miss large chunks of sleep and I actually miss being at work.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Nope.

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Mandie

How old are you?  27

How old is DC?    8 weeks

SAHM or Working Mom?   SAHM

Any pets?   1 dog, 2 cats

How did the pets handle dc coming home?   Pretty well.  One of my cats is peeing on things (ugh) but they're good for the most part.

Did everyone adjust well? see above

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?   nope

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Sylvia

How old are you? 31

How old is DC?  4 months and some change

SAHM or Working Mom?  SAHM

Any pets?  An orange tabby and a black lab

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  The cat was indifferent--the dog was curious and slightly jealous

Did everyone adjust well? Pretty well--although our lab seems to be a little sad he is no longer the baby :-)

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?   Not at all

• 1.  Tricia

2.  31

3.  2 months tomorrow

4.  Working part-time until next September, then back full.

5.  One amazing hound.

6.  He wasn't too pumped about the wailing, but I think he likes the tot.  Has gotten more comfortable lately.

7.  Yep, no disasters.

8.  Don't think so.  He knows we love him, despite our currently distracted state.

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): cara

How old are you? 30 (31 in 2 1/2 weeks!)

How old is DC? 8 weeks sunday

SAHM or Working Mom? back to work on jan 5

Any pets? 2 cats - milo and roxie

How did the pets handle dc coming home? they pretty much ignore him 

Did everyone adjust well? as well as can be expected

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? nope

• Janine

3.5months

Working Mom

no pets 

Janine image image image
  • What's your name: Amanda

How old are you? 29

How old is DC? 10 weeks yesterday

SAHM or Working Mom? Going back to work in January.

Any pets? a pug

How did the pets handle dc coming home? OK.  She used to live with my brother and he had 2 kids at the time so she was broken in already.

Did everyone adjust well? Yep.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Truthfully?  Send her to live with DH's parents.  It's been hard to handle a dog and an infant when I'm home alone all day.

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1-Julie

2-28

3-almost 3 weeks

4-SAHM

5-we have one dog

6-H loves him

7-We did adjust well

8-no, I'd do it the same way

• 1. Andra

2. 32

3. 7 weeks

4. SAHM for at least 1 year

5. no pets?

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):
    -- MeLisa 

How old are you?

How old is DC?
    -- 10 months 1 week or something like that

SAHM or Working Mom?
    -- SAHM

Any pets?
    -- one dog

How did the pets handle dc coming home?
    -- he did great, he actually is very calm around her (not his style)

Did everyone adjust well?
    -- the dog and DH did great, i on the other hand took about 3 months to "adjust"

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?
    -- we would have waited to get a dog AFTER we had kids, having a dog that wasn't even 2 years old and a newborn is very hard. That and he's a shelti/corgi/terrier and needs lots and lots of exercise... we need more than 1/8 acre un fenced like we have now... such a pain... but so worth it.

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Brianne

How old are you?   27

How old is DC?   3 weeks tomorrow

SAHM or Working Mom?  Will be a WAHM in January

Any pets?  2 dogs, a Yorkie (Izzy) and a Jack Russell/Chihauhau mix (Remy)

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  Pretty well, they sniffed him a little and pretty much ignore him now! 

Did everyone adjust well? Pretty well.  I think the dogs feel a little neglected now that it's not all about them, but they are happy to have me home all day!  DH and I are adjusting pretty well, besides the lack of sleep :)

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  No, I don't think so!

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):

How old are you?  middle thirties

How old is DC?  7 months

SAHM or Working Mom?  STAH

Any pets?  One cat-17 years old

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  She didn't blink an eye and still hasn't

Did everyone adjust well?  Dad had a hard time but, does an amazing job now.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?    I had to put my sweet Siamese down 5 wks prior to Emerson being born.  I got Cali when I got my first apartment in college.  She was 16 yrs old....I think Cali would have had problems with Emerson.  I guess that worked itself out.  : (

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Kelly

How old are you?  31

How old is DC?  5 weeks

SAHM or Working Mom?  Back to work in January.  Sad

Any pets?  Our beagle

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  She couldn't care less about the baby, but is definitely having some problems with getting less attention from us.

Did everyone adjust well?  For the most part, except Mom is VERY tired these days!

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?   We had to put Tessie in the kennel for a while after the delivery b/c I ended up having to stay in a hospital out of town for five days.  Wish we would have been prepared for that - our poor puppy was a little traumatized!

• Getting to know you.....

-->

What's your name (if you don't mind sharing):  Tiffany

How old are you? 30 (almost 31...yikes!)

How old is DC? 1.5 weeks old

SAHM or Working Mom?  I'm working part-time when I go back to work in January

Any pets?  3 cats

How did the pets handle dc coming home? My oldest cat hovers and is curious about what is going on.  My middle cat hasn't noticed that there's a baby here yet.  My youngest cat is jealous as all hell and is needier than I thought he could ever get!!

Did everyone adjust well? Everyone except Rafferty!!

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? I don't think there's anything else I could've done to anticipate their responses...

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Amy

How old are you? 30

How old is DC? 3 months, 2 weeks

SAHM or Working Mom? SAHM

Any pets? 2 cats

How did the pets handle dc coming home? Only one lived with us at the time and he was NOT happy about it.

Did everyone adjust well? YEs, now they are.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? Eh... I read about some stuff I could have done and in a perfect world I'll do it next time, but we'll see how that works out.  He adjusted eventually...moving was harder on him.  Poor guy has been through a lot.

A

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• 1.  Kiara

2.  27 years old

3.  2 months (9 weeks)

4.  Working (I go back on January 26)

5.  2 beagles

6.  They were great!  One claimed her as her baby and followed us around whenever we had her and would run and get us if she started fussing/crying in her crib.

7.  Yep!

8.  Nope

• Jamie

5 weeks

SAHM

2 dogs: Ladybug and Walter

it was love at first sight

they adjusted fast and very well

nope things went smoother than I thought they would 

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Andrea

How old are you? 31

How old is DC? almost 6 weeks

SAHM or Working Mom? Back to work in January :-(

Any pets? 2 dogs (chocolate lab and a complete mutt) and a cat

How did the pets handle dc coming home? They were fine. I was worried about my little mutt b/c he is so attached to me, but he has done really well.

Did everyone adjust well? Yes. Mommy and Daddy are getting adjusted to how crazy life is with a newborn though.

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  Nope. Things worked out really well.
  • I'm a little early in this--

What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Krista

How old are you? 24

How old is DC?  Soon to arrive

SAHM or Working Mom? I'll be a working Mom

Any pets? I have a pet frog, lives in an aquarium, strictly aquatic- like a fish.

How did the pets handle dc coming home? He may get jealous Wink

Did everyone adjust well? I'm worried about DH. Hehe :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name is Elisa

I am 25

Madeline is a little over 3 weeks

I will be a working mom but I direct a childcare program so I get to have her at work with me 3 days a week

I have a dog and a cat

My dog loves Maddie. She licks her and gets very concerned when she cries. She has adjusted well to not being my baby anymore. The cat doesn't want anything to do with her. She will sniff her and then run away.

Not a thing.

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Kendra  

How old are you? 28

How old is DC? 2 months and 1 weeks so about 10 weeks :)

Any pets? dog and cat

How did the pets handle dc coming home? they smelled him and left it at that

Did everyone adjust well? very well. It's like he's not even here to them

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  nope. They adjusted very well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Heather

How old are you? 31 next week  Big Smile

How old is DC?  DD is almost 3 and DS is 8 months

Any pets? 2 cats, 1 dog and some fish

How did the pets handle dc coming home?  they adjusted really well, no issues at all

Did everyone adjust well?  At first, but we're having some issues with DD adjusting to DS being on the move these days

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now?  Nope

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • 1. Shannon

2. 32

3. 7 Months

4. Working Mom

5. 1 Cat

6. No problem

7. Yes.  Kitty loves to hang out with DD even though she loves to grab a big fistful of fur.  I am suprised how mellow our cat is about it

8. No.  One thing I am glad we did do while I was pg was lining the crib w/foil so kitty never went in it.  I was realy worried about our cat wanting to sleep in the crib but we haven't had any issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Christine

35 (though I often just let people wonder)

10 weeks

SAHM until next September, then going back to work as a Speech-Language Therapist working w/pre-k students w/disabilities

We used to have 2 kitties but one actually passed away the week of my EDD (that was Vinnie).  We still have Guido & he has been awesome adjusting to Evie.  The only thing is that I feel guilty that he doesn't get nearly as much attention as he used to.

• What's your name (if you don't mind sharing): Katie

How old are you? 30

How old is DC? He'll be 4 months on Wednesday!

SAHM or Working Mom? SAHM for now... perhaps I'll go back to work next school year although the more I think about it, the less I want to.

Any pets? 1 cat- Oscar

How did the pets handle dc coming home? He's been pretty wary of Ben, but I think he feels a little neglected. 

Did everyone adjust well? The pets or the people??  :)  Oscar could care less, probably.  It's taken us a little time since we moved to Dallas right after he was born.  That was a little stressful for Mommy. 

Is there anything you'd do differently with the pets if you knew what you know now? I don't think so.

• Kerri

I am 27 years old.

DC are 3 weeks old today

SAHM

We have one cat, a turtle, and a bunch of fish.

My cat has handled the babies really well.

Everyone is adjusting well, just sleep deprived mainly.

Kerri

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"