May 2012 Moms
Options

Any advice? Nausea and vomiting :(

Ok, so I thought I was in the clear but the last 2 weeks have been hell.  I have been vomiting in morning and then again at night and it is just so awful.  It comes so fast that sometimes I cannot even make it to toilet.  Threw up in shower, trash can and sink.  So gross.  Any tricks on helping it to stop.  Saltines are not cutting it.  :(  Gross!  

Re: Any advice? Nausea and vomiting :(

• Options
    I have been sick a lot and feel like I tried everything (symptoms have definitely gotten better the last week and a half or so). Peppermint or wintergreen lifesavers seemed to help me a lot. I gave up on crackers weeks and weeks ago. I also eat really small meals since it doesn't take much for me to feel overfull and gross.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling so awful!  I can relate.  What really helped me was taking a Unisom at night.  Make sure it's the tablets with doxylamine as the active ingredient.  The gel caps have diphenhydramine (Benadryl) as the active ingredient.  They usually put me to sleep, so I haven't been able to take them during the day, but the anti-nausea effect seems to stay with me after I wake up.  Also, make sure you can get a full 8 hours of sleep if you take one before bed.  Otherwise you're likely to wake up feeling groggy.  I also tried B6 - 25 mg 3X a day, but the Unisom worked better for me.   Best of luck!  I hope you're feeling better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Zofran saved me, but other little tricks that worked for me, cause i tried them all ... lifesavers, every car ride, that way i didn't throw up while driving, cause yes i did that once. fresh air, at least if you are going to hurl you can do it in a plant or behind a tree, but better then leaning over a toilet, where you will definitely throw up. tums at night, i have been feeling lots better but nights are still hard, and i think it is acid reflux.

i tried: B6, ginger in every imaginable form, saltines, red meat, seabands, lemon drops, food every 2 hours....nothing worked.

do try to see if there is a trigger, mine was fruit and veggies, i'm no longer vegetarian with the pregnancy.

good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I do Benadryl at night and 25 mg of B6 three times a day. I have the best results when I take both. Benadryl is an antiemetic like Unisom, meaning they are both anti-nausea, anti-vomiting. I prefer Benadryl b/c I'm used to it b/c I have year round allergies.

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I tried every trick in the book. Nothing worked. I was in that so nauseated I can't eat or drink, which is making me dehydrated and hungry, which makes me MORE nauseated cycle. Finally desperate, I gave in and bought Seabands. I only take them off to shower. It doesn't get rid of the nausea completely, but it makes it manageable. Once it got to where I could eat and drink, it was better under control. I know I need to drink ice cold water, anything else makes me nauseous. And, I have little snacks constantly. If I can't shake it at all, a fountain Coca-Cola Classic nips it in the bud almost every time.
  • Options

I was sick like that until about week 11-12. The doctor gave me a prescription for Promethazine. It did help but it will make you sleepy which is great for night.

I tried the B6 with no luck and Seabands (the bands you wear around your wrists). Seabands helped some.

I found that fruit like apples and bananas helped me because they have some fiber and keep you full but are a light option. I also sucked on peppermints. People told me saltines and pushed them, I got sick by just the thought of them. So don't eat anything that sounds yucky to you. I tried to force an egg down once because I was told the protein would help and I learned my lesson not to force anything. If your body is saying no, listen to yourself!

Also sipping on tart juice like grapefuit and cranberry and homemade lemonade (water, ice, a squeezed lemon and a little sugar to taste) helped.

But if you are vomiting a lot and everyday you should call your doctor. If they are anything like my doctor, they don't want you to be miserable! You won't feel perfect but you deserve relief.

Good luck, it will get better. I just started my second trimester and feel much better and I thought it would never go away!

• Options

Thanks ladies!  All great options and ideas, I have never thought of.  I will give them a whirl!  

xoxo 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"