May 2011 Moms
Options

xp: 5 months and not rolling

ds was born may 19th...he's still not rolling consistently.   He has rolled belly to back a few times, but HATES his belly...screams most times on it.  He will roll from his back to his sides alot, but not consistently rolling at all. Should I worry? Anyone else in the same boat.  He does love to stand and sit though... TIA!

Re: xp: 5 months and not rolling

• Options
    I'm no pediatrician, but I'd say you probably don't have anything to worry about. It seems like kids hit these milestones at lots of different times, and if he likes sitting and standing, it sounds like he's probably fine. If you're worried, maybe you should mention it at his 6 month checkup? Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    DS doesn't mind tummy time, and he's rolled belly to back a few times but never back to belly. He'll go side to side and is almost sitting unassisted. He seems to have no real desire to to roll. I think he's more concentrating on the sitting balance thing now. Don't sweat it. Everyone hits milestones at different times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has rolled from belly to back a few times on accident, and she gets from her back onto her side so that I think just a little push would get her onto her belly, but she hasn't made it yet and doesn't even really seem like she's trying. She's not sitting unassisted, either. I'm not worried.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    We're almost 6 months here and not rolling yet.  I'm going to check with the pedi at our 6 mos appointment, but I'm not worrying yet, because, as others have said, everyone hits milestones at a different age.  My LO will roll to her side from her back, but is too busy screaming about the fact that I've put her on her tummy to work on rolling tummy to back!  She's sitting pretty well though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD was born May 25th and is not rolling either.  She has no interest in rolling or tummy time.  We have her doing tummy time and play with her but she will not budge.  Doctor said not to worry though.  DD is also sitting and has been for a bit now and will stand.  She would rather stand with us than sit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"