Maine Babies
Options

Formula question

Because I am taking Prednisone, I am uncomfortable bf-ing too close to taking the meds.  We are going to give him formula if he wants to eat in the next couple of hours.  Am I supposed to boil water and then cool it?  I'm confused.

Re: Formula question

• Options

nope. i mix in room temp then warm it a bottle warmer. you can heat water first then mix (to an appropriate temp for him to eat of course). or the way i do and stick it a cup of hot wateer to warm if you have no bottle warmer.

you can try to give it room temp if he will take it. its not mandatory to warm. its more preference

• Options

what kind did you get? Nutramigen or enfamil A.R. is good for reflux. i use nutramigen

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we have some similac soy based.  It says something about spit up, so I'm hoping it is good for that.
  • Options
    I boil the water first just because I am not sure about the water from the tap. I read a bunch of articles that suggest boiling the water for a minute before you make the formula to get out any impurities.  I then let it cool before mixing the formula for the day. They also sell "sterile" water at Babies R Us to make formula with.
  • Options
    I use poland springs bottled water and give it at room temp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"